flying my part 103 legal ultralight gyroplane

Very nice machine. at that price I'm sure your not counting your time.

seems to fly very well.

FRANK'S;n1125622 said:
Very nice machine. at that price I'm sure your not counting your time.

seems to fly very well.

Good point, If I planned on selling it I would have to add a prerotator. I enjoy the exercise of my Armstrong prerotator, keeps me young :)

Armstrong = Funny

I Have a Continental A65 so I know what it's like, but probably starting the blade is harder?

But a pre rotator would probably put you over the Far 103 rule

one more question did you get training to fly your Far 103 Gyro?

That's what it's all about ! Cheap , fun, & light ! Way to go bro ! My AC 447 was overweight for 20 yrs ! Who knew ? Now it's an ELSA.

FRANK'S;n1125678 said:
one more question did you get training to fly your Far 103 Gyro?

I feel your question is rather bizare. I learned from other people. Far 103 regulations just means we dont have to pay rent to the state!

gyrojeffro;n1125715 said:
I feel your question is rather bizare. I learned from other people. Far 103 regulations just means we dont have to pay rent to the state!

I feel it was a reasonable question Jeffro.

I know a lot of people that spent more money repairing their gyroplanes than they would have learning to fly from a flight instructor.

I have known a few who are dead now from things they didn’t know.

I have watched your videos and feel you fly well Jeffro and self-training may work out for you.

Just because flying an ultralight gyroplane without training is legal doesn’t mean it is a good idea.

You don’t know what you don’t know.

On the other hand people who have had flight instruction still tip over their gyroplanes usually doing something they learned not to do in the first couple hours of flight instruction.

I feel the FAA has done a pretty good job of figuring out what is important for reducing the risk of flying a gyroplane.

I recommend reading the gyroplane part of the Rotorcraft Flying Handbook to help identify what you don’t know and keep you safe: http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...-h-8083-21.pdf

It won't cost you anything to see if you can meet the practical test standards and it might help you to find out what you don’t know in a safe and practical way.

The practical test standards are here: http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/...-s-8081-29.pdf

I would like to see flying experimental gyroplanes become safer so if you have any questions please ask because there are bound to be others with the same question that don't ask. I will do my best to understand your question and answer it the best I know how. If the answer doesn't make sense, just ask.

If you would like to keep it private just send me an email or give me a call. [email protected]. Cell phone (805)680-9523.

gyrojeffro;n1125715 said:

I looked at you fly and was thinking your doing a very good job at it.
and I was thinkingis it training or he is self taught?
So I ask you. it's a forum after all.

Vance;n1125721 said:
I feel it was a reasonable question Jeffro.

I know a lot of people that spent more money repairing their gyroplanes than they would have learning to fly from a flight instructor.

I have known a few who are dead now from things they didn’t know.

I have watched your videos and feel you fly well Jeffro and self-training may work out for you.

Just because flying an ultralight gyroplane without training is legal doesn’t mean it is a good idea.

You don’t know what you don’t know.

On the other hand people who have had flight instruction still tip over their gyroplanes usually doing something they learned not to do in the first couple hours of flight instruction.

I feel the FAA has done a pretty good job of figuring out what is important for reducing the risk of flying a gyroplane.

I recommend reading the gyroplane part of the Rotorcraft Flying Handbook to help identify what you don’t know and keep you safe: http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...-h-8083-21.pdf

It won't cost you anything to see if you can meet the practical test standards and it might help you to find out what you don’t know in a safe and practical way.

The practical test standards are here: http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/...-s-8081-29.pdf

I would like to see flying experimental gyroplanes become safer so if you have any questions please ask because there are bound to be others with the same question that don't ask. I will do my best to understand your question and answer it the best I know how. If the answer doesn't make sense, just ask.

If you would like to keep it private just send me an email or give me a call. [email protected]. Cell phone (805)680-9523.

I have never self trained for anything I am passionate about. Learn from the best , be it the living or the dead

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mQieKnglzj4

I feel emotions can warp a pilots.emotions without effecting the aircraft. I feel we all fall pray to our feelings even an advanced land speed record setter like vance. :)