Is this an Air Command??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an Air Command??

Wolverine gyro hanging out in it's mobile lair awaiting it's first test flight.

It looks like the pod and wheel pants are Air Command . Not sure about the whole gyro since you can only see half of it in these pictures. Nice looking gyro in any case.

Comment

The frame tubing going toward the rudders is consistent with an Air Command. The rudder pedals are also Air Command.
      Bobby Munroe
      Private Pilot (SEL)
      PRA Chapter 62 #42748
      EAA #1160523

Comment

From the comments on that post: "Cobbled parts from Air Command, Center line thrust air frame and imagination based on 5 yrs of study and research. 1st timer home built w/motorcycle background."
        Bobby Munroe
        Private Pilot (SEL)
        PRA Chapter 62 #42748
        EAA #1160523

Comment

Originally posted by AirCommandPilot View Post
          The frame tubing going toward the rudders is consistent with an Air Command. The rudder pedals are also Air Command.
          The reason I asked is that the pod on this one has the two side ports sticking out and on every air command pod i have seen before this has a flat frontal shape and then is tapered towards the rear.
          This pod has smooth rounded ports in the front going towards the rear.

Comment

The reason I asked is that this pod has smooth rounded ports on the fronts sides and all of the other pods that I've seen that are air command they all have a flat frontal area and then tapers back.

Comment

Originally posted by DarDow101 View Post
              The reason I asked is that this pod has smooth rounded ports on the fronts sides and all of the other pods that I've seen that are air command they all have a flat frontal area and then tapers back.
              Looks like he capped the flat ends and smoothed it out.
              Bobby Munroe
              Private Pilot (SEL)
              PRA Chapter 62 #42748
              EAA #1160523

Comment

I have to wonder myself how much faster it is as opposed to the other pods without the smoother frontal area.
                How much of a difference does it actually make? Looks more aerodynamic for sure.

Comment

Found this on FB where it seems he is posting a Yamaha RX1 engine install.
                  https://www.facebook.com/RX1.Wolverine
                  very nice engine build up.

Comment

Working...
                  X