A couple of days ago..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of days ago..

Heading out for another flight in my mates gyro. His health is deteriorating and needs to sell it. He is pretty short so I have had to adapt rudder pedals etc. Of course every modification needs a test flight.

Aussie Paul.

Paul! How long have you been back flying?
    Maybe I missed the post about you being back in the air...

Comment

Hi Paul it is good to hear you are in the air again, do you plan to get a gyro of your own again?
      David Bacon

Comment

I have been back doing some flying since October. I have done 3 Bienniel flight reviews since the accident which is 9 and a half years ago!!
        I am still pretty **** scared!! To think my gyros used to be an extension of my arms!!
        I have a single seat project I am working on with bits left over from my failed Firebird project. :(
        Also have a RAF that I am doing my safety mods to and the owner will allow me to use that when I want to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0104.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1118942

Name:	DSC_1064smm.jpg
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1118943

Name:	DSC00422smm.jpg
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	1118944

I bought this single seat project for less than the price of the rotors. I knew I had all the bits needed including the first
        Firebird airframe where I miscalculated the mast angle. This airframe will suit, as well as some tail feathers h/stabs etc.
        The original owner started with a Rotax 2 stroke and then installed an ea 81.
        That made the position of the rotor head incorrect. I will turn the gearbox around and it will be a CLT gyroplane. (Y)

My problem is I am totaly exhausted most of the time so it takes a while to complete projects,
        plus we now have 4 grand kids and our caravan to use!!

Aussie Paul. :)

Comment

Not sure I am able to use this new forum successfully yet. Had some enjoyable short flights as the sun set this last week.

Aussie Paul.

Comment

The pictures came through fine Paul!
            It is good to see you working on a gyroplane project!
            Best regards, Vance
            Regards, Vance Breese Gyroplane CFI http://www.breeseaircraft.com/

Comment

Sweet Project! Thanks for sharing!
              Resistance is futile…… You will be compiled!
              Cheers,
              John Rountree

PRA- Director, Secretary
              PRA- Business Manager

PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
              http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
              See: Aviomania USA http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_Paul View Post
                Heading out for another flight in my mates gyro. His health is deteriorating and needs to sell it. He is pretty short so I have had to adapt rudder pedals etc. Of course every modification needs a test flight.

Aussie Paul.
                Hey that looks good. Where is your mate based in? When is he planning to sell it?

Comment

Here in Ballarat Victoria Australia Robert. It is on the market for AUD $11k

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ball...72?posted=true

​​​​​​​Aussie Paul. :)

Comment

Paul !!! Great to see you back at it again ! Have fun mate !
                    Happy Flying, Chris S.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS447 View Post
                      Paul !!! Great to see you back at it again ! Have fun mate !
                      Thanks Chris.

Comment

Working...
                      X