2017 Carolina BarnStormers Spring Fling

Thanks for sharing the pictures !!! Any others?

Oh, and Barry please post a picture of the SURPRISE that was awaiting them!
And how does she fly?

No Title

Just wanted to publicly thank Barry and all the Carolina Barnstormers for their awesome hospitality. My son and I drove down Thursday from Raleigh and were blown away by everyone. Plus my son, age 12, was able to take his first gyroplane ride. Thank you Barry and everyone with the Carolina Barnstormers. We are looking forward to flying in the next time!

Attachments

• photo127448.jpg
    photo127448.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Rusty.....I agree......nothin like the purrrrrrr of a radial! Appreciate you taking time to come up for a visit.....next time.....bring that beautiful plane of yours.

A thanks to all who visited our little neck of the woods.....it's an honor to call all y'all friends.

Big thanks to my Carolina BarnStormers brethren for all the help.....HOOAH!!!!!!

Last edited:
Radials Rule!!!!!!! :)

I also want to thank Barry and the gang from Carolina. The hospitality was fantastic and lots of gyros came to the event. Barry M. amazes me with his cross country trips from Western Massachusetts He has an interesting multi-blade prop that propels his Apollo. I had to check 3 times to really believe that what I was seeing was a radial on a gyro (Radials Rule!). Thanks Barnstormers for the great hospitality, and thanks Barry for hauling me up in the air on your modified Snow Bird Tandem! It was a lot of fun.

No Title

PRA has received 3 emails so far from the batch postings we did asking us to thank Barry and the Barnstormers for their hospitality!!!

Appears if you missed this one you missed a PARTY and some very cool projects!!!

And.... Wow that has to be the most bad A$$ looking G1sa on the planet.
How does her handle?

Attachments

• photo127458.jpg
    photo127458.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 1
No Title

Well John....she flew......engine ran flawlessly!!
Installing a SportCopter head and rotors......hydraulic brakes and new rudder cables.....should be ready in a few weeks.
We will be posting more info and pics.

I LOVE RADIALS!

Attachments

• photo127530.jpg
    photo127530.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo127531.jpg
    photo127531.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo127532.jpg
    photo127532.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 2
Wow ... there is GaryMac's beautiful Aviomania build with a rotec radial .... looks awesome ... bet it sounds fabulous! what's the HP ???.....nice Sensenich prop too!

Thanks Barry for the info. I love radials too!

So, today I was flying a Columbia in North Carolina, practice approaches and touch and goes at Anson County Airport, when I noticed a gaggle of gyros in front of the hangars. Wish I could have stopped in to say hi! It's great to see the group.
I sold a type certificated Calidus to a guy up at Gold Hill airpark a bit to the northwest, hopefully he will get involved with your group.

Cammie....Cammie.....Cammie......you should have stopped in! We had a great lunch waiting for ya!!
Yep......heard you in the pattern......we were doing a lot of gyro test flights and General flyin around!!

You know you are welcome anytime!

ultracruiser41;n1120159 said:
Well John....she flew......engine ran flawlessly!!
Installing a SportCopter head and rotors......hydraulic brakes and new rudder cables.....should be ready in a few weeks.
We will be posting more info and pics.

I LOVE RADIALS!

Hello Barry. Really nice engine!!!!!!!!

You must be careful as the design is NOT AN AVIOMANIA anymore. It is a high thrust line... but this is not a big problem as the tail is big....

BUT... there is a really serious problem you need to fix. That is the TORQUE. You have a high torque engine... and the tail was designed for an engine that rotates THE OTHER WAY. So the angles on your tail are Reversed!!!! The tail now contributes TOWARDS the torque of the engine.

This is a SERIOUS hazard and needs to be rectified ASAP. Please email me and i can guide you how to do it...... Or talk to Heath..... He had to do the same on his tail.

you must also have some stick shake as you installed the top mounting bracket of the engine high on the mast and you lost some of the flexibility that was originally designed in to it.... a slider head should fix it IF THIS IS the case.

Feel free to email me if you need my assistance...

Nicolas......I replied to your email that you sent me regarding changes made to the gyroplane.

Details of the build will be publicly announced AFTER a complete testing period.

Thanks for your helpful input.

Barry