2017 Carolina BarnStormers Spring Fling

fun food fly fun food fly fun food fly fun food fly fun food fly fun food fly fun food fly fun food fly fun food fly fun food fly fun food fly...............are there any questions?? :)

Barry,

I have a question. Is there going to be any food, fun or flying at this event?

12 more days!!
Guess I'd better start cleaning up the hangar!!
The Carolina BarnStormers nest is growing........come see!!! :)

No Title

11 more days........got some secret surprises waiting for ya!!!

Attachments

• photo127343.jpg
    photo127343.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
Barry:
Give me a call, 615-390-2228
I have purchased an enclosed 38' gooseneck trailer, and it is in Columbia SC at the Fire Academy. I am "seriously" considering coming to take delivery on Friday, May 5th. If it works out to do this, what kind of ground support is available at the Spring Fling for any issues; ie: tires, wiring, lighting, brakes. Is there a Tire repair shop to mount and balance 6 tires for me? If we spend Friday night, what are hotel accomadations in the area, etc?

Plenty of room for any trailers/campers/tents.
Power available from the hangar.
Come on over....you won't be disappointed!!!

David ,
there's a auto parts store in Wadesboro and as far as tire service our company uses Blacks Tire Service on hiway 74 in Monroe NC. Which isn't too far from Wadesboro .
some folks have stayed in a motel in Wadesboro but I'm not sure where they got a room but said it was ok. Probably was the Days Inn. The nicer motels will most likely be in Monroe .

Well it looks like I will be there Friday afternoon. I found Wadesboro Tire and spoke to them, seem like nice folk and to mount & balance a tire is only $15. That is cheap enough, considering I will have 6 to do.
I found the EXECUTIVE INN (which used to be Days Inn) in Wadesboro. The room rate for 2 beds is $67.xx plus taxes. reasonable enough. So I made reservations for Friday night.
EXECUTIVE INN - 704-694-7070

6 more days!
Tell the wife you love her but your gyro is your sweetheart and you've got a date for the weekend!!!!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones!

Fly safe!!!!
Barry K

Bump! EarlyBirds are arriving already!!!

We've got several here already.............forecast is calling for widely scattered flying with a severe downpour of fun!!

Early bird day is success.....got about 20 people already!! 12 gyros and 3 planes on the field already and we're just getting started!! More expected tomorrow!! Just wait till Friday and Saturday!! :)

One of PRA 31 newest members will be there from Jillian CA. a historic San Diego mountain old time gold town. Chuck Tucker.

A tax attorney called PRA asking for our IRS ID #. He said he was looking for it online and saw your Fly-in listed and that he drive his motorcycle down and check you guys out.

Also I sent another batch email only two days ago and 3 more are coming that have contacted us from the last emailing.

PARTY ON!!!

Last edited:
I am at work this morning wishing I was sitting in the Barnstormer hanger watching the rain while waiting to go flying once it clears. Unfortunately for this weekend and for about 18 more months before I retire from active duty in the Army supporting the Army Reserve, the first weekend of the month almost always requires my attendance supporting my Army Reserve unit.

Trell Norton should be on the ground there already and a few more of the Peach State guys, should arrive later today or tomorrow. Have fun!!

No Title

Attachments

• photo127434.jpg
    photo127434.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
No Title

Newest BarnStormers member!!

Attachments

• photo127435.jpg
    photo127435.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo127436.jpg
    photo127436.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
No Title

I was able to hangout for a few minutes on Friday, and then had to get on the road home Saturday morning

Attachments

• photo127437.jpg
    photo127437.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo127438.jpg
    photo127438.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • photo127439.jpg
    photo127439.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo127440.jpg
    photo127440.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I really appreciate the hospitality the Carolina Barnstormers extended to me during my brief visit yesterday. A first class group of gyro pilots. Love the Wilga and Ryan Barry. Round engines rule. Thanks again.
Rusty