Bensen Days 2018 Dates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bensen Days 2018 Dates

This is the banner for Bensen Days 2018. The dates for the event are April 4-7 2018. Site registration for camping will be cleared and open Jan 1, 2018. Sunstate members in good standing will get a 2 week "head start" for reservantions and open reservations will be accepted for all others will begin January 15, 2018 at http://www.bensendays.com.
    Last edited by jcarleto; 11-13-2017, 07:22 AM.
    Jon Carleton
    http://peachstaterotorcraft.org
    Private ASEL Instrument/Sport Pilot Gyroplane
    N575EE "The Bulldozer" gyroplane
    N4638D Beechcraft Bonanza

Thank you for posting this :-) I plan to attend this year and would be able to perform Airworthiness certifications there. If any is in need of a AW certificate, let me know ASAP, the FAA has ever increasing lead times these days and big changes are coming to the world of DARs.
    Tom Milton, PRA Director, Need a DAR, Seat tank, Prerotator, Rotor Brake, or Rotor Tach?
    Have Airworthiness Certification questions?
    gyroplanes@aol.com or
    Visit www.calumetair.com

Comment

I just sent you an email Tom. Look foreword to your reply.

Comment

I just received my Powered Sport Flying Magazine and they have Bensen Days dates listed in late March. Ruh Row

I got your e-mail Barney, I'll respond from the office with the 51% checklist, so you'll have no problem. Since it was parts when you bought it, I start fresh as "Built from parts"......it will be a lot easier. In my e-mail, Ill walk you through the steps.
        Tom
        Tom Milton, PRA Director, Need a DAR, Seat tank, Prerotator, Rotor Brake, or Rotor Tach?
        gyroplanes@aol.com or
        Visit www.calumetair.com

Comment

Mind sharing that email with all of us here?

I purchased from assorted parts as well.

I could also use the 51% checklist (streamlined for gyroplanes) as well, to see if it is more up-to-date than the one I've got,

Comment

Originally posted by gyroplanes View Post
            Thank you for posting this :-) I plan to attend this year and would be able to perform Airworthiness certifications there. If any is in need of a AW certificate, let me know ASAP, the FAA has ever increasing lead times these days and big changes are coming to the world of DARs.
            How so Mr Milton ? are DARS going away ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin_Richey View Post
              Mind sharing that email with all of us here?
              It only makes sense to share it all here. Sometimes I forget. I will post here soon. I have to run in a few minutes. Even my Sundays are busy these days.

I just realized this is a hijacked thread, I will post under the FAA regs thread.
              Last edited by gyroplanes; 11-19-2017, 12:45 PM.
              gyroplanes@aol.com or
              Visit www.calumetair.com

Comment

Originally posted by OBXBarnstormer View Post

How so Mr Milton ? are DARS going away ?
                Quite the contrary, it appears that the FAA is planning to eventually outsourcing most functions, using their inspectors as "in house" paperwork inspectors. Consolidating FSDOs to regional offices (as happened here in Chicago) and closing FSDOs (as happened at Mentone's FSDO) I have only heard pieces of the FAA's ultimate plan. So far, it all makes sense if they plan to save money and downsize. Oh! don't forget the recent talk of privatizing the Air Traffic Control system. Flight service stations went this way years ago, as did many control towers. I was just notified of a requirement for DAR T s, such as myself, to attend new training and new supervision and a renumbering of our IDs. Something big is going on.

I just realized this is a hijacked thread, I will post under the FAA regs thread.
                gyroplanes@aol.com or
                Visit www.calumetair.com

Comment

Working...
                X