US Flight Expo - Marana, AZ, May 3-6

rhoadsrunner

AutoGyro Arizona
Please stop in and say hi to AutoGyro AZ at vendor booth 410 this week.
CFI's Britta Penca and Ben Pedersen will be on hand to answer training questions, and provide demo flights in the MTO Sport. I will be there to answer any questions about AutoGyro products and the services we provide. Jeff Flemming will have his Cavalon "Sunshine" on static display. We forward to greeting any gyro pilots who are attending the show! Thank you, Mark.

Mark, how did the inaugural event turn out? I haven't seen much chatter. Were the organizers happy with the way it went?

Would this be a good group trip next year for our guys up here?

Hi Paul,

Thank you for asking! Overall attendance was poor, but our booth did have a steady stream of people who were curious about gyroplanes. We gave some intro flights on Wednesday and Thursday, but the winds were gusting to 40 mph on Friday and Saturday, so there was very little flying. With the exception of advertising for the event, it was well organized. The sponsors realize they need to get the word out better for next year, and they will make it a week or two later in May to hopefully avoid the spring winds. We enjoyed it, and thought it to be worth our time. It has the potential to be a great event!

The first I heard of it was in an e-mail from Carl about a week before the event. Sometimes it's good to have a "soft launch" without big crowds, kind of a dry run, and see if the ducks line up before the whole world shows up.

I'll watch for word on next year. It would be great to have something like Sebring happen out west here, and I'd be excited to support it.