Computer related problems section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer related problems section

Tod, I would like to suggest a section to discuss computer related issues. Obviously all of us use some sort of computer. It would be nice to have a place for computer discussions only, like viruses and fixes.
    I wanted to ask if anyone uses Lindows, but didn't know where to put it. More info about Lindows is at www.lindows.com. My brother who owns an engineering company is converting his whole business to it, must be something to it.
    Larry Martin, stab sales, www.gyrostabs.com

Your suggested site not working. I want to provide me with the material again. Can also tell me about best Linux distro

Comment

Scooter there are many dozens of linux flavors, all with multiple web sites, all top info givers. Google is your friend.
      Regards

Frank

Comment

Scooter, it would probably be counter productive to try to include such a huge range of topics as would be covered by all the ins and outs of Linux, in a set of discussions in this, the best set of flying forums on the planet.
        Regards

Frank

Comment

uBuntu, Red Hat, Fedora, Berkley and Lindows are only a few of the Flavors of Linux that comes to mind. There are separate forums for all of those and dozens more. The main topics that come to mind, like "desktops", "databases", "kernels", "utilities", "Scripting languages", "compilers", "compilable lower level languages", "Unix Concepts and Philosophies", "GUI's", "Command Lines", "Lex", "AWK", "programming philosophies", all have their own forums, websites and such.
          Regards

Frank

Comment

What would be very handy would be a "Forum Section" on forum commands and shortcuts. I know I've seen at least 10 really good forum command-line type of commands that were posted, that I should have saved to a flat text file, that I didn't, and now may not be able to find with a pattern search. This type of forum section, or downloadable flat file should be located where it can be easily findable, kind of like the acronym file I started this year.
            Regards

Frank

Comment

Working...
            X