No announcement yet.

The forum is in decline; why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin, just to clarify a bit about the challenge between Eddie and I, he was implying (or very nearly so) that I was lying about the weight of my RAF's custom exhaust.
    I warned that that I consider being called a liar as "fighting words", and if he so accused me, we could settle the matter in a boxing ring.
    When somebody obviously brighter than I am gives me a cerebral takedown, I pay attention. When a dog or a man growls, I pay attention.
    This didn't seem to be Eddie's philosophy, and he kept mouthing off in the strangest way, even mentioning a pistol duel.
    His fatal plane crash was shortly after that, oddly.

My portal to gyros was through certified fixed-wing ASEL. I've often been perplexed by my experience here with some.
    For example, I would never post somebody's "man-to-man" PM to me. Even nations at war retain back-channel communication.
    That one person did so was not embarrassing to me, but to him.

I am not "conflict-adverse" but neither do I go about seeking conflict, either.
    I've been explicitly trying since early January to either ignore ad hominem sneering or reply in a level tone.
    What others do with that is on them.

Safe flying,
    Kolibri

PP - ASEL complex (C172RG, Piper 180, C206, RV-7A), SP - Gyro (Calidus, RAF, Sport Copter II, M912), soloed in gliders

"
    When an honest but mistaken man learns of his error, he either ceases to be mistaken -- or he ceases to be honest."

Comment

Social media have been usurping forum attendance in general; it's not just a Facebook vs. RWF thing.
      Our problematic forum upgrade also certainly ham-strung things.

If some people want to ascribe the rest to my 0.85 posts/day, well, that's their prerogative.
      PP - ASEL complex (C172RG, Piper 180, C206, RV-7A), SP - Gyro (Calidus, RAF, Sport Copter II, M912), soloed in gliders

"
      When an honest but mistaken man learns of his error, he either ceases to be mistaken -- or he ceases to be honest."

Comment

Jason is on to something. The User Interface for the current forum is primitive. Kinda like DOS vs Windows. Stuck in a rut, maybe?
        Need better software for sure. But, then again what is the "pull". There needs to be Pinterest moments. Lots of visuals. Excitement...

The bigger problem, is who wants to set it up and keep an eye on it. What is the reward? Answer that question and you are on to something.
        "What is today fact was once imagined!"

Comment

Better visual management for sure. For compelling content, how about an "Ask GyroJake" answer column.
          To cover an administrator's time and toil could be paid for by offering uniquely desirable products. Plus ads and affiliations. Does a Buy-Sell function (ie.: Flea Market) exist on this forum. I haven't found it yet.

There are operators that use Bots to scour eBay for certain items to package and post for their own audience.

Did anybody else see the movie about the creation of FaceBook. Do you remember the part where Zuck is in the dorm and marking on paper taped to the computer screens. Here was organic analog before it became digital. The PalmPilot interface was done the same way. It was first designed on paper that was taped to a wood block mock-up.

It might be the reason that FaceBook killed MySpace.

Comment

Originally posted by DoPigsFly View Post
            ...Does a Buy-Sell function (ie.: Flea Market) exist on this forum. I haven't found it yet...
            Scroll way down on the Forums page here. Just above the PRA stuff @ the bottom, you'll find the Swap Meet section for Buy/Sell items.

Comment

I would have to agree, that this software is a bit old school. There is Social Network software that does what FaceBook does (such as Dolphin,and others). The biggest problem I found was being inundated by Chinese Spammers. I understand that FaceBook has an army of programmers that act as a human real-time spam filter to block their army of spammers.
              Find out what users are saying about Dolphin. Read user Dolphin reviews, pricing information and what features it offers.

Comment

Working...
              X