TEST: Does this new post appear on main page?

Nothing new has appeared on the main page since 10/22. This site is totally FUBAR. You would think the admins could at least acknowledge the sites brokenness and give an estimate of when it will be fixed. Or, maybe my expectations are too high?

Earlier today there was an outage on the site that said something is being repaired. I don't know if that was posted by Admin or it's just an automatic text that shows up when the server does its thing. Would be nice to have this site 100% operational again. There's a new forum that is going live Monday (or sooner) that we can use if this one remains broken. I will post a link here either way.

I've been unable to post anything for about 10 days now. Many threads have been showing some viewers but 0 responses, and on that basis, I suspect that my problem was not mine alone. We'll see if this works.

It looks like it is working now.
But the Response Counter is not updating.

Update:
I guess it worked for an hour or two.
The response counter is not updating because the responses are not being posted.

Response #3, Post #4 is the last activity showing on this thread.

Since this Forum is a volunteer effort, it's -- er -- ungracious to complain. Gift horse and all that.

It was down for some days. Many thanks to the administrators for fixing it and keeping it going.

Doug Riley;n1140064 said:
Since this Forum is a volunteer effort, it's -- er -- ungracious to complain. Gift horse and all that.

It was down for some days. Many thanks to the administrators for fixing it and keeping it going.

Seconded, though I have taken this forum for granted. Glad it's running again and thanks to Todd and the Admins (that sounds like a band from the 60s)

My computer would not let me go to this site today. I got a safety message saying the site was unsafe and its certificate could not be validated...."return to Safety"
This has happened in the past as well until the site was repaired. It also warns that opening the site could potentially leave my computer open to an attacker...
Why is this happening???

Additional late entry....now 3 days later and the same thing is happening. Also attempted 3 logins before it would take and the site is extremely slow to respond.
I keep getting the warning screen and have to click on an 'advanced' tab to bypass the safety warning to continue to the site. Once I get here, it takes
forever to open.
Can anyone of you computer gurus please chime in with some suggestions and what is causing this issue. Is it my 'puter?/or an issue w/the site??
Input please...

Mark,

I get the same message.
I sent an email to Todd to see what we need to do to get this straightened out.

Mike, sent you a p/m. Still having the same issues. Site slow to respond, get the msg. that the site is not secure(also the note in the url). Haven't seen any fix yet.
Wondering if anyone else besides us has had this issue. Other members please feel free to add on to this so we know if the issue is widespread.
Windows 10 Pro...Google Chrome...

mark treidel;n1140215 said:
Mike, sent you a p/m. Still having the same issues. Site slow to respond, get the msg. that the site is not secure(also the note in the url). Haven't seen any fix yet.
Wondering if anyone else besides us has had this issue. Other members please feel free to add on to this so we know if the issue is widespread.
Windows 10 Pro...Google Chrome...

Mark, no problems with site for almost a week now. The problems then were: 'relational database sql errors' only, and had those for a month running. Win 10 on 64bit machine, Opera version 56.0 vpn Browser, stable.

JJ Campbell;n1139957 said:
Nothing new has appeared on the main page since 10/22. This site is totally FUBAR. You would think the admins could at least acknowledge the sites brokenness and give an estimate of when it will be fixed. Or, maybe my expectations are too high?

Hi, JJ.
Browsers keep detailed histories of where the user has gone, and how the sites visited responded to requests. Keeping these histories was a good programming idea when the internet was a thousand times slower than it usually is today. One consequence to keeping histories, however, is that when the same page request is made at a later time and/or day, the browser software will grab the site information out of the history, and present that, instead of retrieving the page anew. Thus, until the user turns off, or removes the history information, the same problems occur repeatedly.

I still have to go through Chrome's unblocking of "unsafe" sites for every page on the forum on my system at work. At home on my laptop I get no such nags from the browser.

Same here Brian, Still having the issue each time I click on the site. Wish someone here knew what the problem is and could post it. I think it's a Chrome thing. That's all I know.
Mike (admin) said he had the issue as well & would check on it. Never heard back. I thought he was going to send Todd a msg?? Quite frustrating.....hope they can clear it up.
As to 'clearing history'...make absolutely no difference...I do routinely after each usage and my computer is set to do it automatically as well.
PS: After closing/clearing the Chrome browser, I loaded Firefox and pulled up the site instantly...no issues. The pages also loaded much faster.??? Go figure???

Still cannot upload photos. I get a "0 error" message box when attempting. Seems I can only participate in a useful manner from an unsecured PC. The mobile app no longer functions (android) as it only shows a narrow sliver of text crammed to the left of the screen. Unreadable. Search results are no longer keyword highlighted. I'm glad some folks here aren't experiencing these issues but there's nothing really abnormal about the systems I've been trying to access RWF from. This is so frustrating. I built a new forum site a month or so ago when I thought RWF would remain crippled and abandoned, but I haven't posted the link yet in hopes this one would be fixed. So far all I see is a band-aid patch. I'm grateful RWF exists, but I sure miss the days when it worked.

All good here no probs at all - viewing via Firefox. Also testing uploading a photo here - no probsM24_915isengine_2018.jpg