Forum Administration, or Lack Thereof...

Maybe if you state the problem they could do something about it.
"Advanced Passive Aggression" I could not find a definitive definition of this term; what does it mean?
Passive Aggression is understood, but the advanced takes into an incomprehensible level.

eutrophicated1;n1131598 said:
Is Forum Administration an Absentee Matter or Just a Case of Advanced Passive Agression?

I feel the forum administrator does a great job and is worth more than he is paid.

Probably a person complaining about the administration in such a nonspecific way takes some of the fun out of it for them.

They have a life beyond the Rotary Wing Forum.

If it is not up to your standards perhaps you could help them.

It doesn't hurt to ask.

I’ll chime in here. For some reason I could no longer post a reply to any message - sometime around the start of the year, I think. I sent an email to Admin twice over several weeks asking for help and got zero reply. I finally had to re-register to be able to post stuff.

/Ed

gyromike;n1131651 said:
What specifically is the problem you think we should be addressing?

The single biggest problem is a recurring lack of responsiveness by administrators to reports of user loss of login and posting rights. This seems to be happening more than once a month on average. That is, we who frequent the forum read posts about that often by users who've realized that the only solution is to bypass administration, and create a new ID altogether. It happened to me. So now I have 2 ID's on the forum, so far. God only knows what the real membership count is.

gyromike;n1131651 said:
What specifically is the problem you think we should be addressing?

ToddP;n7484 said:
I've re-installed the chat room. Its a newer version of the room we had previously and appears to be working very well. We had 5 people in it this evening and had a great discussion. Check it out:

Rotary Forum Chat

Or you can just click on the chat link on the navbar. You should be automatically logged in with your forum user id.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Todd

The above quote is taken from a sticky message made by Todd on 1-16-2006. Why do we have a 12-year-old sticky that hasn't been relevant for God-knows-how-long. I'm not the only one who's tripped over that one, because the sticky header has no date on it. Personally, I don't care if the chat room is ever restored. This forum is close enough to real-time messaging for me. So please take down the sticky concerning the non-existant chat room.

Hahahahaha!!! Well when people don't have real problems in their lives, I guess the little things mean alot to them.
I would also like to add, Mike and Todd , you guys are doing an awesome job keep up the good work!!
I can't imagine the the bogus rants y'all have to put up with.

Amen to that Jake !.

So I've stated what I believe to be the biggest problem with the forum administration. That is: lack of Administrator response to members losing their login and posting priviledges. Will there be a repsonse to my statement, or will there be more silence? My guess is that the forum membership database or one of its indexes has been corrupted and forum Administration doesn't know how to figure out what's happening and/or how to fix it.

If 12 members a year have to create new ID's here, how many have said, "Screw it; these people are amateurs." Then never come back.

These people are amateurs, and never claimed to be anything else. This is not a for profit venue perhaps what needs modified is your expectations of how much non-paid volunteers need to do to accommodate your hobby. Need to recreate an ID, OMG the horror.

THINK! use your head I have probs with the new forum shape but, got around it with a bit of thought.Admin ,do a great job. If anyone thinks they can do a better job I'm sure they will receive a warm welcome from admin. (I'm sure they could do with the rest).

What is the reason behind the sharp decline in postings? Identify it, and fix it. I and many others would be willing to help to this end.

I know why I seldom post. Go back and look at threads I have started this year. Very soon they are hijacked by pontificators. Pretty soon the original thought is no longer even part of the discussion. Look at the post on "Dargon Wings", for a perfect example. I don't see that having much to do with administration. We cant ask for baby sitters. We have always had some of this but either I am tired of it or it is much worse now.