Forum struggles remain..

johnrk

Aircraft
FW guy trying like ? to get into rotorcraft!
Total Flight Time
300+ (ASEL)
Hello everyone,
I haven't visited in a while because the forum site was plagued with multiple problems. Unfortunately these issues not only remain, but have gotten worse. My browser shows a fatal SQL database error below every page. I miss catching up, but the site is largely unusable. This post alone required great patience.

Happy holidays to everyone!!

JK

have the same thing on my screen,what does that mean !

I haven't seen anything like that on mine.
What browser are you using?
Also try posting a screenshot to we can see what the problem may be.

I have that problem too... Can't sent screenshot, because of another 'fatal error'. My computer is a Mac, working with Chrome.

Getting " unable_to_contact_server_please _try_again" when changing pages on a thread. Also not able to upload picture screenshot.

I had difficulty posting Transition from Fixed Wing Pilot to Gyroplane Pilot in training last night and was not able to post my pictures with the post.

My computer was just updated by Microsoft and this could be part of the problem.

I am using Google Chrome.

I tried to edit it this morning and got this:
Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM cacheevent WHERE `event` IN ('nodeChg_1127844','nodeChg_27','nodeChg_15','nodeChg_2','nodeChg_1') /**cacheevent**/;
And then this:
Error

Error information: " 200 parsererror SyntaxError: Invalid character"

Might consider moving the forum to a hosted solution like Plush or many of the other options. I setup the AutoGyro-owner.com forum using Plush Forums and it's been very stable, simple to set up, and most features I wanted (most).

That worked better, I will try over again and see if I can make it work.

It is working fine now. Sorry for the extra posts; I was not able to delete them.

I don't know what was happening before but it seems to be working now.
Must have been gremlins in the server...

Might consider moving the forum to a hosted solution like Plush or many of the other options. I setup the AutoGyro-owner.com forum using Plush Forums and it's been very stable, simple to set up, and most features I wanted (most).

magknight;n1127891 said:

I second the motion... The 'upgrade' has been done with the best intentions and effort, of that there can be no doubt, but the forum doesn't work as well as before... Just look at the traffic...

Last edited:
I second xavier and madknight. Traffic is the litmus test and it's gone south.

I am a new member and I have not seen any of the problems described. I wonder if it's just some incompatibility with Chrome? I've been using both Safari and Firefox, and all seems well.