Search for old threads???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search for old threads???

Is there any way on this stupid new forum format to search for "All threads/topics - or posts" by ..." poster name" ??? ... I'd like to revisit some of my old threads build stuff etc ... but seems to be impossible to find in the old way I was accustomed to! ... even going laboriously trolling in forums ..back about the estimated time ... I find the date cutoff of the last thread showing ( October 2011) ... means my topic thread ( August 2011) did not survive the move! GRRRRRR
    Chris T.
    3Rs - Rotors rock & rule!

"Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape." Buck B.

Time flies if you can but only the slowest.

PRA# 4212
    EAA# 1126845
    AOPA#08888697

I left clicked search, then left clicked advanced search, then typed in my name in Members and added a date range.

I was able to go back to posts I made in 2007.

The advanced search feature seems to me to work better for me than the old software Chris.
    Last edited by Vance; 10-27-2017, 08:55 AM.
    Regards, Vance Breese Gyroplane CFI http://www.breeseaircraft.com/

Comment

Go to your user profile page and click "ABOUT" and at the bottom are links to search for posts or threads you have made. After the search is made and the page displayed you can adjust the "sort by" and "order" to have the results presented the way you want.

Chris, try this search link here, it will show the threads you have started ordered oldest to newest and dating back to August 2011:

https://www.rotaryforum.com/search?s...tected"%3A1%7D
      Last edited by Alan_Cheatham; 10-27-2017, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks Alan ... that was helpful!
        Chris T.

PRA# 4212
        EAA# 1126845
        AOPA#08888697

Comment

Well ... that worked now! ...last time I was on my profile I looked all over the" about "& every other nook 'n cranny trying to find anything that looked like a link to all posts or all threads started ... no links were there THEN ... they are NOW ... go figure?????
          Chris T.

PRA# 4212
          EAA# 1126845
          AOPA#08888697

Comment

I found some complete threads going back to 2008, just by doing an advanced search, "under an old user ID". I couldn't log in with it, since I didn't record my old password. Hindsight, and all that. Anyhow, just in case this might be useful.
            Regards

Frank

Comment

Working...
            X