• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info and stories guys. Thanks.
    Regards

Frank

Comment

Can any UK fliers shed light on why the POH for the Magni 16C has Vne of just 100mph? Is it a regulatory thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyger View Post
        Can any UK fliers shed light on why the POH for the Magni 16C has Vne of just 100mph? Is it a regulatory thing?
        Dayton Dabbs with Lone Star Magni Gyro told me thatís exactly what it was. He said the UK built in some very conservative assumptions when certifying the gyro there and ended up at 100 mph. On the other hand, Dayton taught me the Vne was 115 and thatís what Iíve been using (though I seldom get much over 100-105 for very long by personal choice). The ASI on my M-16 shows a Vne of 100 and Iíve asked him to get me one showing 115, to be more correct. My understanding is Magni considers it to be 115 based on their testing over the years.

/Ed

Comment

Originally posted by EdL View Post

Dayton Dabbs with Lone Star Magni Gyro told me thatís exactly what it was. He said the UK built in some very conservative assumptions when certifying the gyro there and ended up at 100 mph. On the other hand, Dayton taught me the Vne was 115 and thatís what Iíve been using (though I seldom get much over 100-105 for very long by personal choice). The ASI on my M-16 shows a Vne of 100 and Iíve asked him to get me one showing 115, to be more correct. My understanding is Magni considers it to be 115 based on their testing over the years.

/Ed
          Thanks for confirming (as it were) my suspicions.
          The ASI Magni supplied me was marked the same as yours, but my markings were just decals, easily amended using some new operating range decals from A. Spruce (and a sharp knife). Yellow below 30, then green to 100, yellow to 115, and then a tiny bit of red to the limit of the dial.

Comment

Working...
          X