Ballancer

500e

Aircraft
500c\d\e 300C & CBi
Total Flight Time
a lot more now
We are dealing with Dyna Vibe (Steve Stennet) a nice guy courteous, helpful, & nothing seems to be to much trouble.
He responds to Emails all most by return & I have never phoned him without an answer. What a nice company to work with.
It is pleasant to see there are still Co's that think the customer comes first
The tool Dyna Vibe GX3 + Dyna track appear to be simple to set up & use will give a resume when we have used it a little further
I have no link to the company other than a satisfied purchaser

Last edited:
I truly believe that using a electronic balancer is absolutely necessary for good balancing of the rotors.

my blades were balanced at the factory and are exceptional smooth especially when compared to what I

have been able to acheive without one.

I've used and been around quite a few different manufacturers of Track & Balance equipment and have personally owned a Micro-Vib unit for my service center. The money you spend on dynamically tracking and balancing is well spent and pays off in spades in the long run. Static balancing is merely a starting point when dealing with rotorheads and balancing the prop will also pay off when you start looking at cracking components and sheet metal. You also have to look at what fundamental frequencies are being excited and fed into as everything is vibrating from lack of balancing rotating components, propellers and track & balance of the rotor head.
DynaVib: http://www.rpxtech.com/store-fixed-wing.html#buyclassic
MicrVib: http://www.dssmicro.com
Chadwick: http://www.dsi-hums.com/honeywell-test/8500-c-plus/
ACES: https://www.acessystems.com/probala...MI2NOm08_N3AIVGqWaCh092wUrEAAYAiAAEgInQ_D_BwE

Last edited:
Hi Jeff we have been saying this for years, the No of Helicopters that have bad vibs are high we are trialing the RPX at present, being able to run the machine single person is great the Chadwick with the gun not a good idea.
The majority of heads we see are out some by a large amount, then put a blade that is also out compared with others & multi runs are the order of the day.
You get it all spot on & clients actually phone up saying I did not appreciate how rough it was before you did T&B,
We find bearing wear in rotor system reduces by a huge factor ( not rocket science really) so maintenance costs reduce Happy repeat customers !!
It surprises me that so few APs can fly so really have no first hand feel for machines finer points

Last edited:
Yettie,
Let me know how RPX works out for you. When I sold my service center all my equipment went with it to include a standard propeller Micro-Vib and a helicopter Micro-Vib unit w/blade camera, but I'll probably be in the market again soon. Leaning towards the Micro-Vib as I've known John, Mark and Rich from their beginnings and have a lot of knowledge using their unit.
I used to hook up the tail rotor, cooling fan and main rotor thru a mux box so I could do all in the same runup and eliminate multiple start cycles.

Will do regarding report , your idea re the tail & main for less starts is an idea i had not thought of, Start counts on the C20 can be a killer.
Were you using the original optical counter ? what MUX did you choose .
We had a 300 brought in with tail vibes of 3.00ips :noidea: the pilot said his feet felt funny
We have a PB-3 for sale found it a simple unit but still have to use the Chadwick for track & checking phasing, have found that doing track if the balance is some where in the good sector the balance gets better
We also find a lot of 500 blades with Excessive trim tab angles it seems no one reads the HTC service notes, we have seen up to 8 Deg along the full length of the trim tab, we think this puts excessive load on the root end fitting, cant be bothered to find the original SB on the tab set up
http://www.helicoptertech.com/pdfpubs/2100-10.pdf

Last edited:
WOW,
Track will directly have an affect on balance. That's why they call it track and balance and not the reverse, but it really is an artform. I used to get ships in that were all over the place from centers that had alot better ($$$$$$) equipment than I had, but if you don't know how to use it then it is merely a brick with blinky lights.
Best to zero everything out and start from scratch when dealing with an unknown aircraft or problem child. I've replaced freshly overhauled components due to shoddy trunnion setups right from the MRO that did the work. When you see 3 chord weights on a Bell 2-bladed system you want to check trunnion centering and/or blade stringing.
I used the MicroVib 4 channel input mux in the helicopter system along with the camera for tracking. The old Chadwick Vibrex also came in handy with the strobe for many things to include the ceiling fans in the shop.

That is what i was saying but it is surprising how meany don't , totally agree with you about setting everything to zero setting dampers to datum as well we really only do the 300 & 500 always check head balance on the 500 as well, if you find heavy tabbing on 500 blades there is a problem, if over the 5deg start to worry about other blade problems.
We have seen blades with weight differences of over 250grams.
We get

Well we received the Dyna-vibe + Dyna-track from another Co in the UK that it had been lent to it did not work, (Hope to hear why when they get it back) BUT phoned Steve while it was on the machine, turns out he was at an air show.
He could not have been more helpful, profuse apologies went through the connections & operation, no sign of hurrying or being stressed took his time said he would talk to engineer & software man & phone us back, this is what he did within 15 minutes, asked us to do another test still not cured, without us asking he said we will send another full kit out via UPS for next week.
It came worked out of the box seems simple to set up & work we ran it on a 300 gave good readings flew like a dream, we are running it on a 500 Saturday, & will report some figures, but so far nice kit, Super Company.
We have No connection with them other than through Email

No Title

Still not had time to rely try the Dyna track other than one fit to a 300 that we had finished prior to getting the DV it showed what we would expect,
Same on 2 x 500 we fitted it to after doing it with the Chadwick the results were the same as expected, in all cases the customer was waiting for the machine so no time to try to learn how the presented results work in the real day to day.
W feel it could be better

Attachments

• photo130937.jpg
    photo130937.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: