Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gyro-Tec carbon Blades 100 Hrs Follow Up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eddie
    started a topic Gyro-Tec carbon Blades 100 Hrs Follow Up.

Gyro-Tec carbon Blades 100 Hrs Follow Up.

There is really nothing remarkable to say except that the blades are performing well,they are still

in perfect shape with no signs of delaminating,seperation,bubbles forming,spider cracks or any thing

unusual with the construction.

After getting used to the lack of blade vibration I have started noticing other small

vibrations from other components and have been working on them, tires being out of balance,

prop blades are a couple of items being attended too. I also have ordered a new prerotator

housing and cable from Calumetair,the old prerotator was to long and had a very tight radius

because of the length,I am hoping that the vibration on prerotation will go away and that I will

be able to prerotate to a higher RRPM with the cable being straighter,I will report on that after

installation and use.

Anyway I can recommend the Gryro-Tec Carbon fiber blades and teeter tower as being probably one of the best

buys on the market today and the price makes them an exceptional buy.

• Davidha
    replied
    Replaced my rod end bearings and did some more
    ​​​cordwise adjustment.

Have just abourt zero stick shake. Now feeling a little bit of cabin hop in my back side. As it gets better i am more an more impressed with the blades. Find myself getting very close to VNE whilst flying in smooth air. Will check the tracking again later this month and maybe add a shim if i see something.

Off to Thailand will be back on the 19th

Leave a comment:

• Alan_Cheatham
    replied
    Your experience is very similar to what we have found flyng the Gyro-Tech blades on an ELA.

Leave a comment:

• Davidha
    replied
    Did some cordwise adjustment thisafternoon. Almost 100%. Very pleased

Leave a comment:

• Davidha
    replied
    I have replaced my Gen1 blades om my MTO Sport with Gyrotech blades, hub bar and head. Done about 15 hrs on them. My experience to now is as follows. Heavier to handle on the ground. No difference in flight. Climbs a lot better. Landings are easier because they hold their energy longer. Takeoff roll seems a little longer when two up. Able to do same air speed. More stable in thermic and windy conditions.

Have some stick shake issues but I am confident we will sort them out. Changing rod end bearings on the control arms and then will start making adjustments.

Leave a comment:

• eddie
    replied
    Brian Jackson has more info on "Gyro-Tech dealer and modified blades" its a post that he started.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgyro
    replied
    Anything more this topic ?

Leave a comment:

• yettie
    replied
    Tapes do degrade performance 1\3% we have found even the nickle sacrificial strips on the helicopter blades if the trailing edge is not fared it makes a difference
    3m make blade tape in different thicknesses it has a SHELF LIFE beware
    https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...94857497&rt=r3
    There is a Robinson tape that is supposed to withstand Rain etc. dont know anything about it who makes it ? rain will beat tapes to death
    http://www.airwolfaerospace.com/awa/...on-helicopters
    Last edited by yettie; 07-27-2018, 02:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Jackson
    replied
    Thanks guys. Found their number on cached google page and left msg. Would be nice to simplify transaction.

Leave a comment:

• Alan_Cheatham
    replied
    Around the first of this year we were in the process of ordering a set from the factory in Poland and just about to wire the funds when we became aware that the US distributor had a few sets in stock and so ordered from them.

Helicopter International LLC down in Florida.

Currently I find their web site is down but Facebook page is up, you might want to talk to them first.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Helicopt...=page_internal

Leave a comment:

• eddie
    replied
    I think that there is a distributor for the helio blades and it is in fla. check with GT in Poland that's a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Jackson
    replied
    Not to derail the thread, but I recall reading a mention of a US distributor for GT blades. I've been in preparation for ordering a set through GT Poland direct, but that involves customs, etc. Is there a US distributor? And would there be any advantage to going through him/her instead of direct?

Leave a comment:

• eddie
    replied
    I think that teeter block design should be the standard for teeter blocks, its a good one.

Leave a comment:

• fara
    replied
    That teeter block and hub bar on GT is very much a La Averso Stella. I really have never understood the bearing in teeter tower design nor the AutoGyro design. Both seem less desirable to me.
    We noticed longer takeoff distance and less hang time on the GT compared to Averso.
    Last edited by fara; 07-25-2018, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eddie
    replied
    Great article Alan,and yes the blades are stiffer and fly really good in rough air and seem to be lighter on the cyclic.

When David ordered our blades he sent them the spec's for the ring gear and they drilled those for us,they also later

on made bushings to raise the ring back to its orgninal height,our install went actually very well.The factory has bent over

backwards to help us. I believe the 8 1/2" blades are the standard 8H12 profile and the 8" blades have the modified profie

One of the best design features to me is the teeter block with the bearings on the inside,instead of in the tower uprights.

GREAT VIDEO !!!
    Last edited by eddie; 07-25-2018, 02:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X