perbgyro

Sport Pilot
Aircraft
Magni M-16
Total Flight Time
300+
Looking for reports from the field.

What are the general thoughts?

What performance increase has been observed (if any)?

Noise?

Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback, but I'm looking for results from people who own the prop and can relay their performance comparisons.

Still would like feedback from gyro users of the E-prop.

More marketing less reality. Tons of hype about ESR effect etc. all in their heads from what I saw.

From my experience a 5 bladed prop is if anything a little louder than a prop with less blades

On fixedwing aircraft the three bladed props are suppose to be quieter than the 2 bladed ones

because they are have a shorter blade length,less tip speed..with props of the same length the

multibladed props appear to be a little louder than the props with fewer blades

Last edited:
I trialled one ... a 6 blade E-prop on my yellow 912 powered Titanium Explorer air Mentone last year ...the reports from our TAG Aussie test pilot was impressive! .... the drone-like ( swarm-of-bees-chasing-you") sound takes some getting used to! I tested it looking for extra take-off grunt from the 912 ... flying large passengers in the summer heat! It did certainly appear to get the higher payload on high DA days ... low winds , launched quicker than the stock Bolly prop! ( I felt the way we had it pitched ... reduced the cruise speed too much) I have been intending to do proper quantitive tests to compare the Bolly prop, with the E-prop & also a Sensenich I own ... but life seems too busy to play with comparative experiments ... & i need help to motivate me to gather proper data & mess with the switching process ... I'd rather fly & travel, get new ships flown off & delivered! ....so only subjective not objective input here! ... & it's a royal PITA ... pitching & changing each of the 6 blades ...several times to find the sweet-spot pitch!

Thank you for the feedback, but I'm looking for results from people who own the prop and can relay their performance comparisons.

I'm now using a six-blade E-prop in my ELA. Less noise and better thrust than the DUC or Helix 3-blade props, that I've tried too. The only drawback of the E-prop is that you need a lot of patience in order to adjust the pitch of six blades within the very narrow tolerances mandated by the manufacturer, but once you do it, that prop works very well...

Last edited:
I tried a 6-bladed e-prop on my AutoGyro MTO Free and it did not work as well as the standard HTC prop based on fuel efficiency. I have an accurate digital GPH fuel meter and the e-prop was about 20% less fuel efficient. I have a very draggy gyro that I only fly around 55 knots as it is totally open cockpit with no windshield and no body. Fortunately they offered a return guarantee so I returned the prop for a refund.