philslot screws

klyde

Aircraft
Baby Belle
Total Flight Time
Has anyone found a good screw starter for the "Combination" or "philslot" screws used on terminal strips? I've got starter for Phillips screws that almost works and a starter for the slotted screws that doesn't have a chance. I'm about to remove all the philslot screws and replace them with slotted screws. It just seems a waste though

Yettie: Thanks for an interesting link. I've been changing out any Phillips head screws with Torx head. That said, I have a problem inserting and starting the "philslot" screws in a terminal strip. If the screw is just slotted, I have a starter screw driver that will hold the screw long enough to get it inserted thru the ring connector and into the female threaded insert. I was just hoping that some where, some how, someone might have invented a starter screwdriver that could handle the #$%^ "Philslot" screws that seem to come with every barrier type terminal strip.

Is there a particular reason that a standard Phillips Screw Holding Screwdriver will not work?

Examples.
#1 Phillips Size Greenlee 0453-17C
#2 Phillips Size Greenlee 0453-18C

Just Google those Greenlee Part numbers.
I am sure there are others.

Uncle Willie;n1138831 said:
Is there a particular reason that a standard Phillips Screw Holding Screwdriver will not work?

Examples.
#1 Phillips Size Greenlee 0453-17C
#2 Phillips Size Greenlee 0453-18C

Just Google those Greenlee Part numbers.
I am sure there are others.

Thanks. Uncle Willie. These look like they might work. I do hate Phillps screws though.