Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to determine which MTO gimbal head version?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for seeing that. I walked out to my hangar and took my trusted Stinger flashlight ( they call it a torch on the other side of the world where I bought it ) and looked at that weld. The angle of the picture makes a shadow that looks like a crack. When I shine the light from the top the "crack" moves to a lower position due to the shadow, same on the other welds. No crack thank God !!

And for your interest, since it could have been a crack, if you ever fly over here to East Texas stop at my place TA37 Vaca Moo airport and I'll take you to lunch.
    Last edited by Piot135pd; 08-21-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

WIERD.... I got an email telling me :

Dear Piot135pd,

Alan_Cheatham has made a new post under
      How to determine which MTO gimbal head version?

The discussion is located at:
      https://www.rotaryforum.com/node/1137207

So I click on the link and I get this :

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
      Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin

But this is the thread he posted on so what's going on?

Comment

I tried to post a link to the Heavy Maintenance Manual but the link didn't post correctly so I deleted the post, then I noticed your post had disappeared and was wondering if I had done that somehow by mistake, which shouldn't be possible. I think you moved your post to a new thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, between disappearing posts and the lack of support from Auto Gyro USA I was getting pretty frustrated. I'll go over there and check,

Comment

Just to be clear I finally got a hold of Terri at AG USA and as people here have commented, she was extremely helpful. She also told me all AutoGyros currently in the USA have Gimbal Head 2.

After finally completing the condition inspection, I went for a flight this afternoon. Smooth as silk all the way to 95 knots !!

https://www.facebook.com/VacaMooAirp...1492055900111/

Comment

MMT Manuals for the MTO Sport
              Attached Files

Comment

MMT Manual EN MTO Sport
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X