Subaru 2.5 Exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru 2.5 Exhaust

I need to design / build / reverse engineer / an exhaust for my machine.

Any ideas or thoughts ? How about the cheapest places to buy the SS tube & bends ?

My 2.5 has 2 O2 sensors..... Where do you think these should be placed ?
    Attached Files
    Happy Flying, Chris S.

Try Jegs.com , or summitracing.com for the bends. I've also found them on amazon. The 02 sensors should be no closer than 6" from where the pipes exit the head but try to get them within 12". There's quite a bit of info on the 2.5 liters.
    Bobby Munroe
    Private Pilot (SEL)
    PRA Chapter 62 #42748
    EAA #1160523

Comment

I have always used JEGS and I use regular steel tubing not stainless steel,and I gas welded the joints.My engine is turbocharged and the exhaust tubing also supports the weight of the turbo,and

is still in good condition after 700 plus hrs.

Best Regards,
      Eddie Sigman,Polvadera,nm
      (575) 835-4921

Comment

When I need an exhaust for my Yamaha 3cyl, I got it from Stainlessheaders.com. They send out a kit of lockable elbows and you use them and pvc pipe to mock up your exhaust. You send the mock up to them and they send you back welded stainless headers.

I went and looked at their web site and found this picture of the header they made for me.

http://www.stainlessheaders.com/three

FWIW
        Jason O
        Last edited by Jason O; 05-17-2017, 07:53 AM. Reason: added additional content

Comment

Thanks guys, Jason I really like that site.

If I have 2 O2 sensors......One in each side ? at least 6 inches from the head ?
          Happy Flying, Chris S.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS447 View Post
            Thanks guys, Jason I really like that site.

If I have 2 O2 sensors......One in each side ? at least 6 inches from the head ?
            Yes, one on each side, or use just one about 6" after the pipes merge.
            Bobby Munroe
            Private Pilot (SEL)
            PRA Chapter 62 #42748
            EAA #1160523

Comment

Working...
            X