No announcement yet.

Fuel Pump Check Valves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY RAF seat tank has two separate lines one on each side of the main frame rail,they connect to two gascolators one on each side of the main frame rail they are also at the lowest

point of the fuel system and have a cross connection fuel line between them,this allows the separate portions of the seat tank to equalize the fuel load. Each gascolator has a

fuel line to one of the two fuel pumps mounted side by side on either side of the frame rail, on the fuel out side of the pumps there is a fuel line connecting the two pumps to one fuel line up

to the fuel injector rail. with the gascolators connected with cross feed line either pump will draw from both sides of the seat tank at the same time.the gascolators are also my in line filters.

all of my fuel line are AN-6 with the outer steel braided ,the return line go's into the top of my fuel tank with fittings to seal out the smell of gas. I have used the fuel spout as a return point

but it had a tendency to leak around the rubber fittings and smelled like fuel inside. Sorry that there not any pictures to show you. If you buy walbro pumps or any good pump they probably

have built in one way valves. WALBRO 255LPH pumps/GSL392,$130 buck apiece..I have more than 700 hours on my pumps,I altnerate use between them.

Best Regards,
    Eddie Sigman,Polvadera,nm
    (575) 835-4921

Comment

Eddie,

Other than having your pumps in parallel, you have a reasonable system.
      255 lph is over 65gph.
      With both pumps running the fuel system must handle over 125gph.
      That's over 2 gallons a minute.
      Pumps in parallel do not need the check valves.
      The valves are NOT to prevent fuel flowing backward through the pumps.
      They are to allow fuel to flow around (Bypass) the standby pump.

You have a single tank with a hump down the middle.
      This is easy to deal with.

Chris is dealing with two separate seat tanks located a distance from each other.
      This complicates the situation.
      Getting the return flow to equalize the tanks will be trickier.
      The same amount of fuel that was drawn, needs to be returned to each tank.

There are ways to treat the two tanks as one if you design it properly.

Comment

Working...
      X