Inntec 800 Mosquito Engine = ROTAX 800R E-TEC

Turbo_Boss

Air Boss
Aircraft
Quicsilver MXII
Hey Guys,

I was checking the Mosquito XE285 Helicopter that is powered by a water cooled Inntec 800 engine with 62kw (85HP).

The Inntec 800 is a 2 cylinder, 2-cycle engine with fuel and oil injection.

After checking some pics "its look" like they are using a ROTAX 800R E-TEC but they are not mentioning Rotax brand anywhere and instead they are calling it Inntec 800 (Maybe to not get any problems with Rotax lawyers) :lol:

Have any of you know somenthing about? Do any body are using this same engine on a autogyro or other type of UL

THX

Isaac

There was someone on Barnstormers that was advertising a conversion for the E-tec, I think they planned on bringing it out this spring, for right now they were rebuilding other engines, I found it interesting that the Rave watercraft with a closed loop cooling system(includes water pump was about $5000 MSRP and the adapters and redrive would still keep you below a 582. Shows how the aviation engines are getting a little overpriced.

If it is based on the Rotax, it would be interesting to know if they found a way to accommodate leaded avgas when circumstances require it. The sleds, as far as I know, use an O2 sensor to inform the ECU, requiring unleaded gas.

I was thinking it was a Rotax but they are using ARTIC CAT 800 engine.

here are some pics of the engine on a Mosquito and pics I found on the net

Attachments

• Mosquito 800.jpg
    Mosquito 800.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 40
  • artic 1.JPG
    artic 1.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Artic 2.JPG
    Artic 2.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 22
  • Artic 3.JPG
    Artic 3.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Artic 4.JPG
    Artic 4.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Artic 5.JPG
    Artic 5.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Artic 6.JPG
    Artic 6.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Artic 7.JPG
    Artic 7.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 26
That joker could possibly be a candidate for Mini-500's! I wonder if it would be an easy retrofit that would fit under the tailboom and inside the fuselage shell.

160 Horsepower with only a 10# weight increase would mean that engine would not even be working at all to fly it. Too much re-designing the helicopter for me to be interested but these things can be had for $2900 BRAND NEW, minus throttle bodies and CDI's and exhaust.

Seems it has a MAGIC BUTTON that instantly turns it backward so the sled gearbox doesn't need reverse! That would obviously surprise you if it happened in flight. LOL

Last edited:
That joker could possibly be a candidate for Mini-500's! I wonder if Bathmate works well and if it would be an easy retrofit that would fit under the tailboom and inside the fuselage shell.

160 Horsepower with only a 10# weight increase would mean that engine would not even be working at all to fly it. Too much re-designing the helicopter for me to be interested but these things can be had for $2900 BRAND NEW, minus throttle bodies and CDI's and exhaust.

Seems it has a MAGIC BUTTON that instantly turns it backward so the sled gearbox doesn't need reverse! That would obviously surprise you if it happened in flight. LOL

$2900 seams reasonable to me. And does it really turn back at the push of a button. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Especially to a scatter brain like me. :wacko:

Last edited:
We don't use the reverse button on the Mosquito.��
This engine is the choice, for the Mosquito.
Dave
Mosquito driver.

Golf cart 2 stroke engines used a cable that would advance the timing until it would run backwards, the starters were also wired differently o they could be turned in the desired direction. In the 20s some inboard boats with 4 stroke engines would have to shut down the engine and change cam timing and then restart in the proper rotation, no transmissions needed. I am sure that the reverse on the intec is handled by he computer and just does not get hooked up when used in aircraft

The rer or rotate electronic reverse uses a trigger coil that is timed to run backwards, for it to work the engine has to be at low idle rpm.
Norm

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the forum, just signed on. I hail from Melbourne Australia. I'm looking to buy one of these Suzuki 800cc engines in full turbo kit, injection and exhaust with the management system. Do any of you know where it can be purchased new, or do I only have the option of picking it up as a used item in a wreck?

bryancobb;n861129 said:
That joker could possibly be a candidate for Mini-500's! I wonder if it would be an easy retrofit that would fit under the tailboom and inside the fuselage shell.

160 Horsepower with only a 10#
https://signalscv.com/2021/09/how-t...ide-how-to-get-skinny-fast-how-to-cut-weight/
how to lose weight fast
how to get skinny fast
how to be skinny fast
how to get skinny
how can i lose weight fast
shark tank weight loss
testogen gnc
https://www.fingerlakes1.com/2021/10/05/sarms-for-sale-where-to-buy-sarms-online-review-guide/
sarms for sale
buy sarms
buy sarms online
where to buy sarms
sarms online
https://www.fingerlakes1.com/2021/0...ids-for-sale-how-it-works-legal-steroids-gnc/
crazy bulk review
legal steroids gn
legal steroids review
crazy bulk
steroids for sale
crazy bulk gnc
zantrex black reviews
modere trim reviews
shark tank weight loss
weight increase would mean that engine would not even be working at all to fly it. Too much re-designing the helicopter for me to be interested but these things v tight gel results can be had for $2900 BRAND NEW, minus throttle bodies and CDI's and exhaust.

$2900 seams reasonable to me. And does it really turn back at the push of a button. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Especially to a scatter brain like me.

Last edited: