Rotax Rick's 670 engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotax Rick's 670 engine

Do any of you wonderful pilots out there have any experience with the 670 engines built by Rotax Rick? I am l considering this engine for my gyro but there appears to be a lot of controversy about it.

Good luck Hahahahahaha
    Life,The leading cause of Death

Live and Learn--OR--Die and be an example

Comment

Jake Have you not used many Rotax Ricks Engine? or are you just posting this since it's a 2 stroke and eventually they fail?
      I'm a gyro Dude now! Bensen FTW

FRANK

Comment

I know a few guys that would never recommend one.
        BarryK

Comment

I can't comment on that particular engine, but I have bought my used (zero timed) 503 from Rotax Rick and it was a real pleasure doing business with him. Great guy with a reputation for standing by his work.

Curious what the controversy is about.

Comment

Rick is an awesome guy and will rebuild a warrantied engine for free. I had one rebuilt 4 times and never left the ground!! So I bought a brand new 582 to replace it.
            I am no longer using Ricks service.
            For those that are happy, I am happy for you, I've just seen too much to ever leave the ground in one again.
            2 cycles are known to be problematic, but I trust a factory built or a certified Rotax service center engine over a garage built engine any day.
            My life is worth the few extra bucks.
            Plus I could never understand how a one man shop with no resources could claim to make a better engine than the factory that spends millions on research and development.
            Life,The leading cause of Death

Live and Learn--OR--Die and be an example

Comment

Working...
            X