Modern Lightweight 100HP Aircraft Rotary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Lightweight 100HP Aircraft Rotary

Hey Fellas, seems there are some likely very suitable engines out there experimental class helo's but most never make it to production, I guess the returns just aren't there. So I found http://www.rotronuav.com/ a UK based company who has gone all the way to production of some very sweet rotarys. The twin rotor 600XE rated at a max of 100hp & constant 70hp is a tiny powerhouse. Unlike many of the other engine guys out there Rotron will talk to you. The only downside I can see so far is the cost... yes, take a seat, it's going to be brutal!! The 600XE complete is a staggering 24'700 UK pounds... oouchh!!! but it is really out there by it's self for a up to date, all modern engine & if you have the $$$ it could be a winner. I'm very tempted for my next build.

1000 TBO and belt drive, I'm Better off with a Yamaha. more HP and a lot cheaper.

But thanks for the heads up maybe someone will be interested, They have more then one engine.
    They make engine for many types of application.
    Last edited by FRANK'S; 05-25-2018, 05:17 AM.
    I'm a gyro Dude now! Bensen FTW

FRANK

Comment

I did a quick inquiry and got this as a response , he had 2 concerns
      • Price due to the technology involved, our RT600XE for a single unit is priced at 27,500 which usually prices out commercial / private applications.
      • TBO the XE is rated as a maximum of 100-120hp. The flight profile of any VTOL application is aggressive on the propulsion system and the XE lends itself to power over endurance. The TBO could be anywhere from 20-100hours
      Almost 30k for 20-100 hours, my Mac is looking pretty good
      David Bacon

Comment

Hey guys, checkout the Simonini engines at simoniniusa.com. Their Victor 2 engine is 92 HP, the Victor 2 plus is 102 HP an the Victor 2 S is 110 HP. These are 2 stroke, 2 cylinder engines and and the mounting is the same as for a Rotax 582. Price is under $10,000. 600 hour TBO.

Comment

Working...
        X