No announcement yet.

Ignition damping box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am assuming that the older cars' capacitors provided the same dampening as the boxes on the Rotax engines. Today's cars incorporate solid-state circuitry, with no moving parts, that provide the same service. Don't know what Rotax does.
    Regards

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Georgi View Post
      (Sorry for out of topic.Did not know how to send a private message to Chuck Beaty. Although the topic is kind of Engines.)
      Hi,Chuck.
      Merry X-mas and soon happy New Year! Hope everything is as good with you as possible.I was watching this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXddqiuDL2Q ) and in the post comments talk about power and torque. Immediately started thinking how millions years ago you were helping people on the Forum to understand this topic.
      See you one day.Regards.Georgi.
      Thanks, Georgi; merry X-mas and happy New Year to you also.

Comment

In simple terms (from a simpleton) I always believed the Rotax ignition damper was to stop any spurious sparks created from reversed primary current from the rotating magneto being induced into the ignition coils and firing the plug/s out of time, (in probably most cases at a time that does not cause any harm). The engine runs perfectly fine with the damper disconnected but wonít fire at all if itís hooked up back to front.
        I hope you all had a merry xmas
        Tim
        Knowledge learned can be easily forgotten, but wisdom only comes with experience and time.

Tim McClure

Comment

Working...
        X