LF26 D-Motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF26 D-Motor

Does anybody know if the 4 cylinder D-Motor has been used in a gyro?
    Jerry
    435-201-9888

The new design NIKI from Bulgaria was developed with this engine. However I think cooling issues proved to be a problem and they have gone to Rotax as a solution. Nicholas of the Genesis line out of Cyprus indicated he would like to try this engine but I know nothing more than that. Here in North America the distributor is Doc Bailey of Renegade Light Sport. I think he and the company have fallen into financial difficulty recently so that could put the availability here in question. It seems like a really good design for an aircraft engine.
    Steve Greenwell

Experience keeps a dear school, yet fools will learn in no other.-- B Franklin

Comment

Thanks so much for the update!
      Jerry
      435-201-9888

Comment

I was also interested in the D-motor LF26 for use in a Gyro. I believe that Fisher Flying products is now the North American distributor for the D-motors. I think the D-motor would be perfect for the Genesis G1 series Gyros and I would be extremely interested in this route if Nicholas pursued it. Although that information may be old news at this point...
        I was under the impression that the D-motor is water-cooled so I am curious why they were having cooling issues. I would love to learn more about this engine and wonder if anyone has installed one in a Gyro project yet!

Cheers!

Nic

Comment

Working...
        X