how do you test the coil &lamination assy on a mac-90

taint

Aircraft
ultralite minimax airplane, ultralite benson gyro
how do you test the coil &lamination assy on a mac-90 ? part # 57 on the manual . in the summer time no spark . in the winter time have spark. any info on ohms and how to test this coil ? my points are fine .my condenser is fine .my magnets are fine. thanks taint (im still looking for a cdi for this engine .)

Hmm!
Pull the plug wire off of the sparkplug, insert an old plug into it, FIRMLY hold plug in left hand;
with right hand, pull the prop through, If nothing happens, pull the prop through the second time. your odds are 50/50 that nothing will happen on the first prop pull.
This method NOT RECOMENDED for Pregnant women, Babies, Heart patients, and Cranky Old Men!!!

Should be kohms between input and output. A Slick mag I used to work on was around 14kohms. Ohms between ground and input should be less than an ohm. Make sure no carbon tracks allowing spark to go to ground from output.
Never worked on mac mag tho.
Post a pic of insides. Thx.

This post is almost a year old, but I would say that your magnets are sticking. If you pull the prop through you should hear a loud clicking at about 11 oclock on the prop.