Strobe radio noise fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strobe radio noise fix

My sport copter M912 came with Pulsar LED strobes back in 2010. They produced radio noise in my Becker AR 3201 radio from the start. It was so loud I could not use them, I tried filters and even rewired them thinking I goofed up somewhere. It made no difference. I called the company again a couple weeks back and was told my units were multi voltage lights and there have been reports of them making noise. They sent me some 12 V voltage specific units. I got them installed and wallah no noise at all. Now I will be a little more visible.

Gyros are hard to see. I put red chrome vinyl stripes on the rotors 2 years ago. and they really flash and are holding up well. I also put a flasher on landing light.

The weather is coming around here in Central Oregon so I'm getting pumped about flying. Did some maintenance (oil, bled the brakes, painted the prop tips) condition check and a wash job.

It's cool having a gyro that will go somewhere and get off quick on a dirt strip or field.
    AEROLED

Iíll have to put those on mine. Last airport I was in the traffic was complaining about a drone in the way of planes approaching final. I didnít see any drones then realized they were talking about me in Vortex.

Comment

That's pretty good at least they saw you. The difference in speed and approach angle can be a bunch.

The vinyl sheet was kind of a pain to get on. I think just one patch on top off the end of one rotor and one on the bottom of the other will show up even better.

Its called chrome carbon fiber red. Its not carbon fiber just has the look.

I've been in the way myself. I had a dream that a jet whose call I missed was coming in behind me and when I touched down I could smell burning rubber.

Comment

Comment

I'm surprised your rotors remain balanced after installing them.
          Thanks,
          Paul
          (925) 481-4304

Comment

I was going to rebalance them but I flew them first and they were as smooth as ever.

Comment

Gilbert the red reflector strips are a great idea, In an other post you mention that you

have 150 HP, what engine do you have?

Last edited by eddie; 02-13-2018, 03:26 PM.
              Best Regards,
              Eddie Sigman,Polvadera,nm
              (575) 835-4921

Comment

Ya the stripes are working well so far. No....... my dream 2 place gyro would have 150 + hp.... My M912 is a stock 100 hp. I'm thinking about building a new 2 place on a slightly stretched version of my present gyro with a high back passenger seat with no controls like a trike but I want at least 150 hp. of proven power. Since it would be a home built experimental I guess I'm legal to rebuild a O 360 which I have no problem with but your power unit seem to be a real option.

Comment

I have had good results from my engine,its very reliable,if I had a choice I would choose a real aviation engine any time. the

0-320 is 150-160 HP and the best in the world. At my altitude I needed all the HP obtainable for the weight.
                  Best Regards,
                  Eddie Sigman,Polvadera,nm
                  (575) 835-4921

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X