Rotortec Cloud Dancer

Capt'n Gator

Aircraft
Dominator Single 582BH N401JC
Total Flight Time
200+
Can anyone provide info on the Cloud Dancer I. I really like the looks of the single place enclosed cabin.

Their website is all in German. Are they still in business??? Any used single place units out there??? Can they be registered in the US???

Would anyone like to copy the cabin design for a US offered EAB gyro.

I think there are those who would like a single place enclosed gyro at a reasonable price.

Your thoughts or info would be appreciated.

Captain Gator......................out......................

Yes, they are still in business and are selling CD 2. CD1 is not selling so well, afaik.

Kai

Coud Dancer

Coud Dancer

Thread Bump!!!

Has anyone ever owned a single place???? Does anyone have one for sale?????

Can it be registered in the US????

Sharp, simple, and stable

Sharp, simple, and stable

I agree. These look super sharp, but still relatively simple. They remind me of an Aviomania but with a full enclosure. I'd be interested to know more about them. I also like the look of the 'light' 120KG version. Those remind me of a Jake design:
http://www.rotortec.com/cloud dancer 1.htm
http://www.rotortec.com/cloud dancer light.htm

Speaking of Aviomania and Jake designs, looks like these would be super stable with ~CLT and Horizontal Stabilizer.

Converted cost for the single place enclosed seems to be ~$58,000 USD excluding any import costs.

They apparently use Dragon Wings. Maybe Ernie would know more about them and whether any have come into this country.

Considering Kai said the single place has not sold particularly well, I'd be interested to know what kind of track-record they have.

M

Brent,
What does the BD5 body cost and how much does it weigh ?

I don't know. Mike is in Fayetteville. We would have to see how much of the BD5 you would need. I was looking at the RV9 canopy to use on it so you can have more of a upright seat.

Attachments

• photo+3.JPG
    photo+3.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thought about using one of these . They have a enclosure kit for it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 0
Aviomania is making at least the one enclosed machine. That might be an option.

They show a pic of one but nothing offerd yet on there site. Would like to see there version of the enclosed 2 place come to life good looking drawing.

Rotortec

Rotortec

Wanted to bump this thread just to see if Rotortec can provide some info.

How about it Rotortec???????

Drop them an email.

They speak english