Prater B-8?

Baker300

Aircraft
Robinson R22/R44
Total Flight Time
I haven't had a chance to confirm the tail number, but a family member is giving me a Gyro. The only aircraft registered to my late great-uncle who owned it was a B-8, and the make on the FAA site shows a "1971 Prater". The last two digits of the serial are "DP", also. I've seen a lot of talk about a gentleman named Dave Prater and was wondering if this might be an aircraft he had something to do with and if he might have known my great-uncle. I know Dave Prater was part of the PRA, so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks everyone.

Aaron.

He was our alarm clock at the convention every year. That is a very nice gyro one of the best max Super Mac.

I guess I should have phrased that differently. The tail number is either N3815 or N3518. I can't remember which. I posted a screenshot of the registration from the FAA in the welcome mat thread. The aircraft belongs to my uncle Frank Baker from Pennsylvania. I'm trying to find out if anyone has contact with a Dave Prater whose name seems to come up quite frequently on this site and is associated with the same model of aircraft. The make on the registration is Prater, and I have no idea why my uncle would have built it and registered it with that make, unless someone with the name Prater was involved.

I can only give you the same answer as someone else did early.

This gyro N3815 was built by "PRATER" in circa 1971 and registered as N3815.

At some time later your uncle bought this same machine as a secondhand gyro - the "makers name" remains and is integral even when sold on again and again.

Question - when did your uncle purchase this gyro ? My *guess* is maybe around 2006 but without requesting the full history of this machine from the FAA I can't confirm this.

HTH

I know that it is sometimes difficult to know where to place a thread/post but this thread should have been posted in another forum and in fact might get more views if it were in the 'General Discussion' forum. The only relation this thread has to the PRA is the fact that Dave Prater is a well know PRA member. And yes, I have contact info if you want to PM me.