Local US Source for supplies? LOCTITE etc?

cleatus99

CFI/CFII
Aircraft
Calidus 912
Total Flight Time
4400+
Howdy,
I am amassing parts for my Calidus build, and I was wondering where others may be getting these items, or what equivalents they are using?

LOCTITE 243 BLUE - Amazon
LOCTITE 638 Green - Amazon
LOCTITE 221 Red ?
LOCTITE 2701 Green ?
LOCTITE 542 Red Amazon
HHS2000 Oil ?
WHS2002 Grease ?
Bond & Seal Power ?

Less than 4 weeks till kit arrival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help:

aircraft spruce carries,

I find none of the above

Try your local autozone/napa/pepboys etc. They carry a lot of the Loctite products. Just a thought.

I did not check your specific numbers, but since being taken over by Henkel, some of the Loctite brand product numbers have changed.

Check out the products HERE

Check out the threadlocker colors HERE

Check out retainers HERE

Where to buy, go HERE

Cheers,

Francois

Come on guys, you can find Loctite in any auto supply or hardware store in the US.

Most hardware and autoparts carry the more popular 242 blue, and high strength RED.
If you want 222, 638-680, 542, etc. McMaster, Fastenal, Grainger, Aircraft spruce, Amazon would be my choices.

Good luck I've tried them all,

Only Rotax seems to be source for loctite 2701 as Lockwood can order and have in 4-6 weeks!

And loctite 221 seems to only be available in the Eurozone? Or rotax?

What surprises me is the shear number of members than can recommend an invalid / uneducated and incorrect solution.

Maybe you should call MTO customer support over in Europe and ask them instead of us ignorant savages here in the U.S. that build Erector set gyros.

Most of those are European specs and have different US equivilants, But what the hell do I know.

Well Scott
Since I tried all of the above first I made the post, in fact in the initial post, you will see where I listed amazon as source for three items. I asked on the forum because I thought there might be other gyro owners that have rotax engines etc and might have used these items.

I have also checked McMaster, Fastenal, Grainger, Aircraft spruce, Amazon, Wicks.

I get my Loctite products from the local Fastenal. Grainger could get it for me too...just took a little longer.

Because it's a EU only product.

We have different part numbers for identical products all over the world. Don't ask me the logic behind that decision.

It's not available in the US, but the nearest cross is Loctite pn. 38746.

If you can' find that pn., I'd suggest trying any other of the high temp/high strength threadlockers like 272, or 266. You're going to have an easier time finding 272 locally though.

2701 is a red high temp/high strength oil tolerant permenant threadlocker.
Oil Tolerant means it works well on non cleaned and non degreased aka as-received fasteners.

Check here:
http://www.type2.com/library/chemicals/loctite.htm

Faith renewed, thank you that link is very informative.
And once again, the forum is a source of knowledge.

I don't understand EU UN NATO or DC for that matter, just dumb red neck in Texas living with guns and bible.

And while I think dominators are great flying machines, though after three trips to Wachula, was never able to get a ride in one. But they seem to have a loyal following.

However, the director of finance and flight operations (wife) wants to fly with me, so I make her happy. We both work about ~60 hours a week so if she would prefer to fly in a Calidus instead of a two seat dominator that Ernie won't sell me, then I get a metric parts collection instead of the SAE aircraft.

I have been waiting decades to have a gyro all my own, that I can fly, enjoy, learn and share my passion for flight and our sport.

Use Loctite 263

Use Loctite 263

I revived this thread as it came up in my search for an equivalent to 2701.
I just received the following from Loctite:

"Loctite 2701 is available through Henkel North America as a made to order item only with a minimum order of 10 pieces. A piece is defined as a 250 ml bottle. If this is too much adhesive for your needs, you can substitute Loctite 263 for Loctite 2701."

Also, for the record, Loctite 2701 is Green not Red.
http://tds.henkel.com/tds5/docs/2701-EN.PDF

Hope this helps others in their quest.