The Cicare CH8 "Carbon"

Monarchist

MTO Sport Owner
Aircraft
MTO Sport, R22/R44, Cirrus SR22-G3 Turbo, Bonanza B35-N (dead engine), Aurora Butterfly
Total Flight Time
Just saw this posted on their Facebook page and had to post the picture here. Wow, what an awesome looking little helicopter this is. Powered with a 914 Rotax...I wonder if it would haul my 220 pounds and a pax. But looks like a potential R22 competitor to me (...and we need one.)

-John

Attachments

• cicare.JPG
    cicare.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 0
It's darling. I wonder what the useful load is, how much fuel it caries and If I can afford one?

Is it cheaper than a gyro?
I like the Cicare designs.

Cicare Distributorship in USA

Cicare Distributorship in USA

Hi this is Jay at hangar36.com I'm new to the forum.
I have signed with Cicare to be their distributer for the US.
So if you know of any one interested in the CH-7B/T CH-8 or the trainer
SVH-4 you can go to the website @ https://www.hangar36.com/ for info.
I know when you see the price your eyeballs will bleed but I would still like
to know what you think. About the equipment, website, or if you just want some more info about the price that is posted. (it's for more than just the kit)

If you want one they are $160.000+ with about 400lbs useful load. I like the looks of the CH-8 But I love my MTO .

I'm pretty sure that picture is a SoildWorks Model, not an actual photo of a real helicopter. Look closely at the grass and the background trees.

Cicare.

Cicare.

Nothing goes past Bryan!!!!!!

I am going to try to make new tail rotor blades. I am looking for root drawings to feed to milling machine or better still the email of the gent that has the root and spar all ready made for sale. I managed to find a tube fit to be my tail rotor boom so my project is re- starting.
I also need main rotor shaft shims to set pre load from under the main shaft
bearings. At the moment I have the crownwheel packed out with shims and expert opinion seems to frown upon this method, I intend to make this change
if I can purchase the shims from the USA. Can anybody help me ????
I will pay beer money for the help.
REGARDS.
Luciano.

Class Clown! :)

Class Clown! :)

...I am going to try to make new tail rotor blades...I will pay beer money for the help...

You crack me up! I'm sure you looked back at my tail rotor blade junk I posted last year on the "Mini 500 Support" thread that HOBBYCAD started.

I have sent you the guy's email and a lot of info you will use.

Bryan

Thump,

Are you talking about the Cicare'? The price is shown above in this thread.

160K !
Sorry missed it.
Puts it in the cert. A/C category . (at least a good used one ) Is it cert ?

I would hope so!
i dont think Rotorway will now sell anything just because of their high price. It will always be a kit.
Not to mention all its other problems
Cooperate towers loose sight of reality.
AT a 160K if TBOs were reasonable it would be a contender.

Just saw this posted on their Facebook page and had to post the picture here. Wow, what an awesome looking little helicopter this is. Powered with a 914 Rotax...I wonder if it would haul my 220 pounds and a pax. But looks like a potential R22 competitor to me (...and we need one.)

-John

That's sure is a good looking machine. I see several issues that would make me walk away from it. One is the price. I could build that here for about 1/3 of that price. The other is the engine. It don't have the horsepower or torque needed to fly two big guys around full of fuel. I'm just not buying their useful load info, and it is a nice solidworks rendering!!

Bryan / Thump
Sorry man it's just an experimental & it is a CAD image .
But they (Cicare) are starting to build them as of 12-2014. The first 10 are allready sold so by the time I can put my orders in for them there should be a few in the air & a little testing done.The price is counting build time at Hangar 36 in Cincinnati & is complete to
the 40 hr FAA test so don't through me under the bus yet :) I'm still working on alot of
things here training,build time,& testing. I'm trying my best to do it right & by Cicares standards which may or maynot always be the cheapest The cost is always on my mine.
Please let me know what you think (with in reason) :)
Thanks
Jay Johnston Sr.
https://www.hangar36.com/
In USA 800-716-2560
local 513-541-4744
cell 513-205-2484

It is a sharp machine but it's very pricey. If it proves to be good, mechanically, it will probably sell a few here in the states but I would be surprised if more than a handful are sold here.

The rendering appears to have many features typical on the CH-7 and Mini-500. Maybe with a closer look it may be very different and way better.