Stealth gyro prototype and jigs/prints for sale

jim11

I'm offering the only remaining flyable Stealth Gyro for sale, along with all jigs and prints. This was a complete rebuild of the only complete kit that Richard Bentley ever sold (it was #2 counting his). I completely re-engineered, rebuilt and flew it for 60 hours total. For health reasons I stopped flying at the end of 1999 and it's been in storage ever since. Now it's now on display in the Scottsdale International Auto museum here in Phoenix. I'm asking $25,000 for the Gyro and $5,000 for all jigs and prints to manufacture more of these as a business opportunity. You may buy either one or both. All jigs/prints are sold "as is" the way I received them from the Bentley family estate, plus prints for all new parts that I designed. Please see attached spec sheet for all details.

Attachments

• Gyro_specs_for_Rotary_Wing_Forum.pdf
    35.7 KB · Views: 3
  • gryo_side_small.JPG
    gryo_side_small.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 5
  • gyro_front1_small.JPG
    gyro_front1_small.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 5
  • gyro_inside.JPG
    gyro_inside.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 5
Your right! I could buy this and go attend Sunstate events and they wouldn't even know Im there. But 25 grand is a lil steep....

Does anyone remember the circumstances of the tragic crash of one of these machines? I seem to remember something in the early to mid 90's. I believe it was a 2 seater.

The museum is 30 min from me and I may go down and look at the machine and the drawings.

Michael, I saw Bently flying his gyro at El Mirage dry lake

Michael, I saw Bently flying his gyro at El Mirage dry lake

a week before his fatal accident on a dry lake in Nevada. He was flying wild here. He would go wide open about two feet off the ground then zoom up, kick it around and drop down and go two feet off the ground in another direction and do it again.
I heard he was flying the same way in Nevada and hit a sand dune, killing him and his passenger.
Marion

Thanks Marion,

I tried to call the museum here in Scottsdale (PHX area) before I went to see it. I got a phone number on their website. There is nothing more exasperating to me than go to a site and hear the number is no longer in service. I find it hard to believe the museum is closed but I'm hesitant to spend time and petrol to be disappointed. Anyone have any current good numbers?

Anyone interested in the Gyro should contact me directly, not the museum. They terminated the lease on their old showroom and are in the process of moving. In fact, I need to move my gyro to their new location before I can show it to anyone.

BTW, I took my first test ride with Richard in his Stealth at Cottonwood airport before I bought a kit. Wow, was that I wild and hairy ride! I can see why he crashed his machine later.

Hi Marion. I did my first training with you a long time ago. You will be happy to know that I flew my gyro for 3 years before I finally had to quit for health reasons. I flew mine a lot more conservatively than wild Richard.

Hi Jim, I remember your training. I'm glad you were not

Hi Jim, I remember your training. I'm glad you were not

a wild pilot in the Stealth, but then not many people fly like Bently and with good reason. They don't last long!

Marion

here is what I remember about the machine and the crash, it was powered by a 583 snowmobile engine and the snomobile engine mounts were used, what the builder didn,t know is that these mounts have no hard link between the two end studs, the only thing that holds them together is the rubber that is bonded to the disk at each end, the engine tore off the mount and the prop went into the cabin .

Norm

Norm, are you going to Bensen Days?