Simple, Stupid Question?

GaryMac

Aircraft
Building a Genesis G1sa
Total Flight Time
Do K&N air filters come pre-oiled? I'm changing to new air filters on the HKS, and it sure looks to me like the new filters are already oiled?

From the K&N website ...

10. Do K&N air filters come pre-oiled or must they be oiled before using?

Almost all K&N air filters come pre-oiled and ready to use. The filter oil we use is red. A new oiled filter will appear red-pink in color. Some crankcase vent air filters come unoiled, however, they come with a small packet of K&N filter oil so they can be oiled before use. There are also a limited number of filters with specialty uses which are not pre-oiled. These items will be clearly marked as unoiled. Using an unoiled K&N filter will greatly reduce the filter's efficiency and void our product warranty on filters that come pre-oiled from the factory. If you receive a filter that is packaged in its cellophane wrapper and is unoiled, contact K&N's Customer Support department at (800) 858-3333.

Well there you go..... Thanks, Kevin. The filters certainly have the red-pink color to them.

Then yer ready to rock! You have the HKS 700E on yer gyroplane? Them are sweet little engines, like to put one on somethin someday. Have fun!!

Last edited:
Yep, I have Carl Schneider's old HKS 700E.... got it when he upgraded to the 700T turbo version.

Thanks for your help.