Big Jackpot

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
Well someone hit it last night ! I threw an extra 10 bucks at it last night.

Checked em this morning & I got the Megaball & 2 numbers....= 10 bucks.

Someone is a RICH man this morning !

Chris- I got a kick out of a guy on TV the other night saying how to increase your odds picking numbers. Of course he was selling a book! He was so fulll of BS. Many people don't realize that the numbers picked at random, your favorite numbers, picking last weeks winning numbers, using 1-2-3-4-5-6, or 2-4-6-8-10-12, 100-101-102-103-104-106, etc, etc, all have EXACTLY equal chances to win. The guy made a ludicrous comment about never using quick picks. His argument was, have any of your quick picks ever won! I never play the lotto except when its astronomical. Its worth one dollar once every two or three years that I buy a ticket. I feel in reality it takes place of food for many poor people who I have seen shell out $50 bucks a week year round on lotto tickets. I had a co-worker years ago that would borrow money from me for a sandwich, then I found out he was buying lotto tickets with my money. That's when my money stopped being a gift to him, and I wouldn't even loan him money after I saw what he foolishly did with it! Stan

Anything that looks like you can get rich quick is always a big draw to those that have little to nothing and think it will make a better life for them. Look at all the infomercials on TV that promise riches, those TV ads aren't cheap and the one putting it on is probably the only one that got rich from his scheme, not rich from what he is trying to sell, rich from all the suckers that send him money.
There's nothing wrong with spending a dollar or so for a chance at the riches but when people take the food off the table for their familys or the clothes off their kids backs to try and win something that they have slim to no chances of winning, thats when it's gone way too far.
Praying off of the poor or misfortunate by promising a life much better than they can imagine is nothing new, in fact, isn't that how politicians get elected?

I had a customer come into my store Thursday night. This person is retired and a multi millionare. I respect and trust what he says.
There was another customer, which come in and wasted a $100 bucks and made several comments about thwe lotto and winning.
After that customer left, the first customer chuckled and made a statement. As I inquired for more info. He stated that he has a friend, which is a major investor and gambler.
and said he ( the friend ) was playing in this one. He said the friend/investor only plays when the jackpot gets to crazy money. And he asked, would you invest a million to make a 100 million. I said yeah.
He said with 5 numbers and a wildcard, there are only a total number of combinations and if you play all of them, you are a gaurenteed winner!
I asked if he has purchased his tickets.
He said "No, I do not gamble, because of my beliefs!"

I do not remember the mathimatical formula to compute the total number of possable combinations?
Do you?

Last edited:
interestng line

interestng line

Praying off of the poor or misfortunate by promising a life much better than they can imagine is nothing new, in fact, isn't that how politicians get elected?[/QUOTE]

The same argument could be made for much of the worlds organized religion! Its human nature.
Ben S

It's like donating to charity........It's for the senior citizens here in PA.

RIGHT ???????

Hmmm!
Politicians?
State owned and run program.

POOR MAN's TAX!!!!

I only play when it's really high like this.
Even though winning the lottery is my sole retirement plan.
I got five tickets. One for me one for my wife one for my 16 year old daughter one for my 13 year old son and of course for my cat. I got one for my cat cuzz it pisses my wife off.
We all know we arnt going to win but we sure get alot of mileage out of telling each other what we are going to do with the money.
I really seriously don't know if I really would want to win.
Imagine how big an a$$hole I'd be if I had $hit loads of money.

Meggy-Millyuns

Meggy-Millyuns

I hardly bother with lotteries anymore. I've come to the conclusion I'd have a better chance of getting struck by lightning, while standing on top of Diamond Head in Hawaii, whilst getting married to Zoey Deschanel! (I do keep my dreams alive about Zoey, but the lottery??? Nahhhhhhh!) :wacko:

This is such a suckers bet!!!

However if you don't play you cannot win!

I buy ONE ticket for each drawing if over 100 million jackpot!

I bought one for this one and as far as I know I may be the winner?

It is such a SUCKER'S bet that I haven't even looked to see if I won!

To cover all the numbers in order to win you would have to spend 176 million IIRC the odds are 1 to 176 million!

Last edited:
I can tell you who the winner is. It's someone who's retired and in their 70's or 80's.

I'm 70 and retired and I sure the h*ll didn't win it. :violin:

I still haven't taken the time to look up the winning numbers...

Tim, I don't run, I walk.

I still haven't checked mine either.
I forgot I even had them till I seen this thread again.

The Kansas winner is from our area of the state. Heard it was around Ft. Riley. The store where the winning ticket is sold is notified as they also get part of the winnings.

Last edited:
Anything that looks like you can get rich quick is always a big draw to those that have little to nothing and think it will make a better life for them...

In general, people who are poor and remain so don't acknowledge, or have simply never been taught, the principles of managing money. They think the lottery is a legitimate technique for escaping poverty.

The state of Oregon actually started adding a disclaimer to its lottery commercials which warns lottery tickets are "not an investment."