Rotary Wing Forum  

Go Back   Rotary Wing Forum > General > Flying Photos

Old 05-21-2011, 02:24 PM
PRA member since 1973

Default 5/21 Rocky Mountain Freedom Fly In

MORE PHOTO"S

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/m...0%205-21-2011/

Last edited by ms80831; 05-21-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:12 PM
PRA member since 1973

Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 AM
PRA member since 1973

Old 05-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member

Mark,

Nice pictures! And Nice Event!!! It was small, but to be expected for your first one. Keep up the good work promoting and talking about what your doing and it will grow.

For those that weren't there and didn't know, Mark gave rides to a dozen people at this event. There's a bunch of people that got their first exposure to what a Gyroplane can do riding in Mark's beautiful machine. That may spoil them for life in a regular Gyro, down the road, but I sure saw a lot of very big smiles on faces of people getting out of his Gyro. And I know what I'm talking about because I was one of them. There is just something about skimming low over the ground following a creek and the going over a pond close enough that you feel you could stick your legs out and get your shoes wet. We were a little high fro that, but that is definately the closest I have ever flown over the ground (other than a dry lakebed or a runway). It was very fun. All I can say is for those of you that didn't come it was your loss. I had to drive for 20 hrs to attend this event and it was more than worth it.

Thanks Mark!!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:17 PM
PRA member since 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroDoug View Post
Mark,

Nice pictures! And Nice Event!!! It was small, but to be expected for your first one. Keep up the good work promoting and talking about what your doing and it will grow.

For those that weren't there and didn't know, Mark gave rides to a dozen people at this event. There's a bunch of people that got their first exposure to what a Gyroplane can do riding in Mark's beautiful machine. That may spoil them for life in a regular Gyro, down the road, but I sure saw a lot of very big smiles on faces of people getting out of his Gyro. And I know what I'm talking about because I was one of them. There is just something about skimming low over the ground following a creek and the going over a pond close enough that you feel you could stick your legs out and get your shoes wet. We were a little high fro that, but that is definitely the closest I have ever flown over the ground (other than a dry lakebed or a runway). It was very fun. All I can say is for those of you that didn't come it was your loss. I had to drive for 20 hrs to attend this event and it was more than worth it.

Thanks Mark!!!!
Doug

Thank You for your support.

I am glad I gave you a ride early before things really got going, as later I was a busy guy. With you and I and fuel, this gyro was lifting almost double its own weight at over 8000 feet DA.

This fantastic machine newer ceases to amaze me. I never get tired of flying the Xenon.

Thanks for coming.

Mark
Old 05-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member

Everyone,

I forgot to mention in my last post, but this event was held in conjunction with an EAA Chapter's "Young Eagle" event. So while there were only "dozens" of Rotorcraft enthusiasts attending, there were hundreds of general flying enthusiasts and lots of impressionable young people there. There was never a quiet time around the Gyroplanes. They were the hit of the show and lots of new people were introduced to the wonderful world of Gyroplanes. I think it was a smashing success!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member

Nice photos! Good job!

FAA Safety Team Representative, PRA Member #38872,
You CAN Afford to FLY ! --> http://www.YouCanAffordToBeAPilot.com Rotorcraft 11,000 file archive
Old 05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Gold Member

I am soooooo sorry I missed it. My original 2-week estimate to have my 480B inspected and registered legal in the US has turned into 2-months! We are tracking blades tomorrow. Should get some good flying in for the long weekend!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Gold Supporter

Tom- In about 2 weeks- is just about over! Looking forward to seeing your flying experiences with your turbine powered Enstrom. Bet it will be sweet. Stan

Enjoy life...consider eternity.

www.stansstairways.com
Old 05-23-2011, 11:59 PM
PRA member since 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorTom View Post
I am soooooo sorry I missed it. My original 2-week estimate to have my 480B inspected and registered legal in the US has turned into 2-months! We are tracking blades tomorrow. Should get some good flying in for the long weekend!
Tom

We missed you. But I understand how long simple things can take when it comes to aviation.

When you get it sorted, I want a ride. I love Enstroms. I learned to fly Helicopters in a 280C.

Mark

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: