Engine stuff for sale hangar cleaning sale!

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
Here is some stuff That has to go!
some can go now, some will be ready shortly.

BMW K100 100hp 4 cyl liquid cooled, Marvin Currie planetary redrive.
Computer, wire harness manual etc whole package.
IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

Rotax 618 CLEAN new gaskets and seals just decarboned, 3:1 E box, electric AND pull start. exhaust carbs everything complete!
IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

Rotax 532 single ignition, new teflon coated pistons, gaskets and seals.
right now it has a 2:1 A box, but I could supply the gearbox with 2.58 gears.
Exhaust carbs everything, I am waiting for a few parts that is why it is not completelty assembled yet.
IMG_0596.jpg

Arctic Cat engine about ready to go back on the dominator, I am going to replace the wiring harness first.
IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

Last edited:
Scott, Do you have the weight, HP and prop rpm for the BMW engine? Also asking price?

You have cool stuff in your hangar!

Pity it is a K-bike engine. I only do R-bikes.

Thanks Tim, I just have too much of it, and not enough time to do anything with it! :)

Ben, sent PM.

I am asking $5k for the 618 pkg.

I am not sure what the 532 is worth. will entertain offers.

Sale pending on BMW.

SuperTrapp Mufflers?

SuperTrapp Mufflers?

Hi Scott,

I need some mufflers for a Sparrowhawk, and I noticed a couple of SuperTrapps in your photos. Are those for a SH? If so, I need them (Roger Digel-Barrett PM'd you about these too. It's for the same machine).

Thanks,
Ed Newbold

BUMP!
The supertrap mufflers have been sold separately.
I'll take a loss on some of this stuff...
BMW first $1750 takes it home....
Rotax 618 $4200 I am loosing my butt on this one!
Rotax 532 $1800 Perfect for a MAC replacement! If you are going to use this on a bensen, I'll throw in the 52" IVO prop, for and even $2K.

Both rotax engines are complete with carbs airfilters exhaust, gearboxes, etc.

I like these pics. Got to keep this thread alive a little longer.

Time (Hrs) on the 618 ???

The 618 is sold.
BUT! I have an E box to sell, 3.00 to 1 ratio.
I'll take $900 for it, that is less than 1/2 price of a new one.
pictures to follow later. or scroll up and see it mounted on the 618 pics.

Last edited:
BUT! I have an E box to sell, 3.00 to 1 ratio.
I'll take $900 for it, that is less than 1/2 price of a new one.
pictures to follow later. or scroll up and see it mounted on the 618 pics.

Hey Scott,

Would that E Box work on my 582 powered Dom?

I'd like to add E-Start and I'm having trouble figuring out how to fit one of the after market starters at the mag end. Looks like it would not play nice with the air struts. Sure don't want to buy a brand new Rotax Starter for about $1,000,000.

My concern is whether Erine's rendidtion of the Wunderlick prerotator would work with the E Box.

And since I'm currently turning a 3 blade Ivo with a 2.58:1 B Box, how would that work going to the 3:1? Do I just crank in a little more pitch?

And I assume that the E Box has a clutch, right? I think that's good but I'm not real sure.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott, as far as I know Ernies prerotator will not work on an E box. however, I made a bracket for an ernie type prerotator for an A box that is mounted up on a KB3, just had to get creative.

The E box cannot use a clutch since the electric starter turns the gearbox to start the engine.

scott, how much does that BMW engine weigh?

I'll have to reweigh it to make sure, I thought it was around 180lbs.
I'll double check this afternoon.

Rotax 532 single ignition, new teflon coated pistons, gaskets and seals.
right now it has a 2:1 A box, but I could supply the gearbox with 2.58 gears.
Exhaust carbs everything, I am waiting for a few parts that is why it is not completelty assembled yet.

I got a good idea what its worth but of course in todays market. I think everyday about the deal I got. Now to start an airframe to mount it on.

Beemer psru

Beemer psru

Hello Scott and Group in General:

I am a newbie to the group. Found by searching for general aviation links. I am building an 'ultra-heavy' 2-seat exp trike with a BMW K75 as powerplant.

That PSRU looks nice! Will probably bolt on to the 75 as is. Any chance you could let that go by itself? If so, please PM me and we can talk.

I am concerned about some discussions with others regaring the choice of PSRU for the K bike. My first thought was to use the Rotax 'c' with clutch but some have made the claim that it would have an early death due to the 'peak torque' being higher in the 4-cycle vs. 2-cycle. However, this does not explain its use on the 912 and 914 (the 914 gear as I understand and believe is the 'c' gearing in an integrated box) and the fact that all that make these claims want to sell me THEIR box. The K75 supplies (their numbers, I plan to dyno) 52ft.lbs. @ 7000 RPM @ 67 HP. Full rated HP is at ~8500 RPM @ 40ft.lbs @ 75HP. So cruise will be (I guess) at ~5-6K. For those interested, I am attaching the HP / Torque curves for the K100 and K75

You guys (and ladies perhaps) seem to be a fairly saavy bunch, and I would appreciate your comments and perhaps flames as time goes by.

Thanks much. Will update my info in a bit, soon as I can think of some witty quote; ya'll got some doozeys!

Chris

Attachments

• k75 power graph.jpg
    k75 power graph.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
  • k100 power curve.jpg
    k100 power curve.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 0