New Year's Fly in

oops somehow I thought I was on a Bensen Days post. The bad news is it will be Ed and I coming without Laura...sorry. We plan to make it a day trip on Saturday, and are going to take some training with some CFI down there, his name eludes me.

Alright, this party is startin'.

Larry and Bernice are here.
Slow Joe & I are here.
And believe it or not, JR is here.
Got the music playin' and Joe's startin' the fire.
I also heard something about a big pot of black-eyed peas.

We're not waitin' on ya.

Animal and his wife arrived last night and Ernie showed up this morning. Greg will be down later today. Still overcast, but it should break up some today. Hoping to get in some flying later.

We've had three nice days of visiting with friends. The weather has been kind of grey, but we've managed a few hours of fun flying each day.

Ernie is here with his viking turbo tandem and training his employee Moses to fly.

Joe Pires and ed Lemoine are supposed to be here this morning to get their bi-annual reviews done by Greg.

Kent got here Thursday and his well traveled blue MTO turbo has been a frequent sight in the air. I think I even saw Jeff "Loftus" taking taking her around for a few solo laps.

As usual, we've been eating well. Bud and Rhonda treated us to black-eyed peas and cornbread (the real stuff). then Kevin Aurandt (yes our old buddy Kevin) brought us some fresh cherry stone clams he harvested himself from his own clam business. Man were they good.

Danny kelly took a break from a big event at his mud facility "The Redneck Yacht Club" this weekend and came up to spend a few days with us. I think a few of us might actually fly down to the "Yachtclub", land at his newly prepared strip and try to catch a little bit of the action later today.

I know, I know........photos please! We'll try to get a few today. It's looking like we might see a little more sun today.

Me too!!!!

Me too!!!!

Geez, I'd like to be there !

fj. !!

But I'm in the warm place & building on our new TAG !!! :whoo:

Just added up the points on the FAA sheet for the EAB ... looks like we can get 52%!!

Lots of build pics on the camera ... but slow internet .... i'll just be tease with one or two! ...Later! ;)

I tried....

I tried....

That is great. Post some photos

this useless slow internet down here ... refuses to get past 15% upload! :( ... not even one pic !!!:Cry:

I'll have to try again if we get down to coast at the end of Jan! :eek:hwell: ... new build thread when I get home in FEb!

We've had three nice days of visiting with friends. The weather has been kind of grey, but we've managed a few hours of fun flying each day. Ernie is here with his viking turbo tandem and training his employee Moses to fly. Joe Pires and ed Lemoine are supposed to be here this morning to get their bi-annual reviews done by Greg. Kent got here Thursday and his well traveled blue MTO turbo has been a frequent sight in the air. I think I even saw Jeff "Loftus" taking taking her around for a few solo laps. As usual, we've been eating well. Bud and Rhonda treated us to black-eyed peas and cornbread (the real stuff). then Kevin Aurandt (yes our old buddy Kevin) brought us some fresh cherry stone clams he harvested himself from his own clam business. Man were they good. Danny kelly took a break from a big event at his mud facility "The Redneck Yacht Club" this weekend and came up to spend a few days with us. I think a few of us might actually fly down to the "Yachtclub", land at his newly prepared strip and try to catch a little bit of the action later today. I know, I know........photos please! We'll try to get a few today. It's looking like we might see a little more sun today.

Did you get to fly down to Danny's? How long a flight is it?

Chris, I can hardly wait to see the TAG!!!!!!!

And sounds like you Florida guys had a blast! Waiting for pics.... ;-)

I had to leave around 6:30 last night, so there may be some other photos coming. But I'll post what I took.

The whole four days were kind of a mixture of just relaxing with everyone through the periods of grey interspersed with periods of very active flying. I think everyone kind of sensed the best windows of flight time and tended to all go up together.

I know Kent flew down to the yacht club on Thursday or so. And I know some folks went down again this morning. I think Danny said his new strip is about 900 ft and does not have any obstructions. So I have a feeling we'll be visiting him regularly in the near future. Even though he had a big event going on over the weekend, Danny spent most of his time with us.

My photos do not reflect the level of activity accurately. I guess I only go up to take photos during the lulls. We probably had a total of 60 or so people come and go since Wednesday. I always enjoy the New Year's get together so much for the very reason that it is not so structured and is very relaxed.

I know you guys are used to seeing food photos, but I didn't get any so sorry about that. Maybe someone else did and will post them.

We had the usual number of curious visitors over the weekend. And we got to meet a new club member named Carlos from the Miami area. Dave took him up and caused the usual reaction.
Some notable highlights were getting to to see Mike Cummings and his wife (They came up and delivered a trailer for one of our new guys, Doug Hughes.). Dick and Karol Degraw spent quite a bit of time with us. We also got to see Joe Pires and Ed Lemoine when they came up to get their bi-annuals done. We don't see these two much anymore. But trust me when I tell you that if you saw their little piece of heaven you would understand.
And then Scott Lewis showed up with his latest toy, a "Slingshot" three wheeler. He was very generous and let a bunch of people test drive it.

All in all, a very wonderful get together with a bunch of great people.

Attachments

• WIN_20150101_060356.jpg
    WIN_20150101_060356.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20150101_060510.jpg
    WIN_20150101_060510.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20150101_072135.jpg
    WIN_20150101_072135.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20150101_072240.jpg
    WIN_20150101_072240.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20150101_072301.jpg
    WIN_20150101_072301.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20150101_072326.jpg
    WIN_20150101_072326.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20150101_081710.jpg
    WIN_20150101_081710.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 0
  • WIN_20150101_081751.jpg
    WIN_20150101_081751.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It was great to make the pilgrimage after so long, thanks for your hospitality. We (Ed and I) had a bunch of fun and we broke in Greg so he is now prepared for the onerous task of giving a BFRs to Morons.

Lean and Mean

Lean and Mean

Alright all you gyronuts. Weather is nice. 84 degrees shorts and flip flops. Today was another national "hate Sunstate day". See you all in Wauchula during the week.
ps: Bring cameras to tape a 0 wind HOVERING by Brooke! He does it all the time!

Hells Belle Cameo on Vimeo

This one is in your face LOL......Thanks Animal. Happy New Year !!!

I hear ya Joe thats too funny! I read right through it, man...what a funny bone you have...as for my neighbor, who is reading over my shoulder (dont ya hate that) he just doesnt get it. I'm not givin it up.....but he wanted to know what BFRs were...told him my lips are sealed...tough luck if he's that dumb, huh.

Rated a Winner

Rated a Winner

Looks like it works good.

I'm impressed with that camera.....a lot cheaper than a Go-Pro, plus very narrow so wind drag is minimal. I definitely feel the Go-Pro on my helmet, but not the Sony. Yes, the wide angle is a bit less.....140 compared to 180, but this ain't Hollywood LOL. Thanks Animal, nice test drive :lol:

I'm impressed with that camera.....a lot cheaper than a Go-Pro, plus very narrow so wind drag is minimal. I definitely feel the Go-Pro on my helmet, but not the Sony. Yes, the wide angle is a bit less.....140 compared to 180, but this ain't Hollywood LOL. Thanks Animal, nice test drive :lol:
for anyone interested it's the Sony HDR-AS20. Cindi found it on Amazon for $128.00 and also got the 16 gig memory card. total of $146,92 so yeah needless to say I was impressed when Brooke did the flight test with it and it came out as well as it did, it also connected to a tablet or smart phone to start and stop the recording. learned this after the flight test.
Thanks Again Brooke for testing it for me. now I just need something to fly to mount it to.. :)

I haven't taken the time to look it up yet. Are there plenty of mounting options for it?