And some more video while gyro flying!

Looks great mike.
Thanks for sharing.
Stay safe.

Thanks for sharing these. You have a beautiful gyro. I really like your dash. I've taken some screen shots because I will probably do a similar layout my Genesis build. What instruments and avionics are you using, specifically the radio and transponder make? Can't determine. Is there anything you would change or have done differently with what you have in the dash? Ay chance to get some closeup pics of the top and lower sub panel? Thanks and keep the vids coming!

Brian,

The radio and transponder are, as is the gyro, German made. They are from a company called Funkwerk. The only thing I don't like about the radio is that it does not allow you to monitor two channels at once (used to a Garmin radio that allows me to monitor 121.5...a must while flying in the Washington, DC area). The radio has 9 memory channels you can pre-progam but it does not allow you to put who the frequency belongs to (CTAF, Tower, Ground, AWOS etc.). I have solved the problem with typing up a list of what the memory channel belongs to... Mem 1 = KESN WX etc. It is hard to turn the memory switch with heavy gloves but i have ordered some glomits (combination of mittens and gloves) that should allow me the ability to better change channels and work the Garmin 496.

Mike

Ah thanks :) Do you have a diagram with measurements of your dash? Or at least a few closeups you can send? I think I have settled on the ICOM. Has dual monitor, integrated intercom, and music input. Other features also but those were the ones that stood out to me. THanks Mike.

Mike, I was wondering how you traverse the water with trust as well. Are you at an altitude where you can reach a land mass? hard to tell in video sometimes. Seems that if you went in the drink that it would be devistating. I see you hop from island to island though...maybe you plan each one with altitude? Or do you have some secret flotation device we don't know about?! :) Of course you have that 912 too...ah comfort :)

Brian,

The cold water does scare me and I make sure I am within glide distance of land. Most of the video is shot at 1500 to 2000 feet because of the water and because it is hunting season ;-) I will try to get some better photos of the dash for you. If you go to auto-gyro.com they have a photo of the new dash on the Calidus. I think you will like the Icom and it or a Garmin would be my preference. The weird mechanical sound is the wind on the microphone of the camera as (it made me nervous too...) I can't replicate it elsewhere ;-)

Mike