PT-6 crashes at Peachstate

Sad story to read, a loss for everyone.

from the article: "The cause of the crash was immediately known, but witnesses said the plane appeared to clip some trees."

hmmmm.

"The plane, made of wood and fabric, is not designed to withstand crashes said County Commissioner Steve Fray, who has had training flying similar planes."

Sure glad I have all that crashworthy aluminum and thin plastic designed into mine, and no wood, to be able to withstand crashes. Why do people always have to make such dumb-assed statements after a tragedy?

Me thinks a word is missing/omitted between *was and immediately* and that is *not*..."the cause of the crash was not immediately known."

The gear catching the trees caused the aircraft to *flip*...but why did the aircraft fail to climb and clear the trees? That would be the cause of the crash. IMO.

Two guys.... hot humid day..... plane wasn't climbing out like it should have.... what am I missing Harry?

I have landed at this strip several times, it is flat lands around that area

Hey your right! Although not every crash results in a fire. Good observation Sir David!

Hmmm...I don't know...could be something mechanical...something physical...or maybe even something mental...who knows?! I think I'll wait for the NTSB determination.

It's still a tragedy.