Preferred Flying Configuration

Preferred Flying Configuration

• Total voters
I am obviously biased towards my RAf...otherwise..why would I have bought one? :D

Anyway...I loved flying my Air Command so much here in Illinois...that it prompted me to get an enclosed heated cabin such as my RAF and then be able to fly year round.

I love flying and in comfort. My wife noticed that I am not so antsy to go flying on "nice" days when the temperature is just perfect. Most of the days throughout the year are now "nice" days.

I get up there in my own little world and realize on every flight how nice it is not having to consider the wind and chill factor.

I used to fly my Bensen in the winter...and would keep warm on adrenaline for awhile...now I keep warm with hot water. :D

Stan

Last edited:
45 minutes work from image 1 to image 2. :)

cheers

Attachments

• IMAGE0006.JPG
    IMAGE0006.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
Spoton Mark,
I had one that I could remove in 10 minuits but it wasn't any way near as sexy as your's. I removed it in summer and put it on in winter ,trouble is we do most of the cattle work in winter and I couldn't see through it so it's down the dump now.

Nice pod....

Nice pod....

That's cool - neatly done too.

Chuck - I'd love to visit, but it won't happen this year! Your climate is a main attraction for us, but.... <sigh>

I like the modified directions, Bart - but wasn't there one given to Christopher Columbus (who rediscovered something-or-other ;) ) by the Portugese navigators :

"Go south until the butter melts and turn right"

Even he could manage that!

I'm a lot happier with Dr David Lewis than Columbus' famously shaky navigation. The ancient Pacific navigators had a real technology that worked, as did their boats.... see photo of our boat without pod!

(well I had to get back on topic somehow) :rolleyes:

All the best, Ben

Attachments

• 11230011small.JPG
    11230011small.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
I'm a lot happier with Dr David Lewis than Columbus' famously shaky navigation.

Well, Ben, given where I live I don't guess I can complain too much about Columbus's results, can I? All said and done, I like this continent.

As for Lewis, he's a hero of mine even if I don't want to circumnavigate Antarctica in a cockleshell. He and Tilman, they both amaze me ... tough sonsab!tches. UK/NZ/Oz have made some amazing sailormen. Chichester, Knox-Johntson, Jones, McMullen ... Crowhurst (just kidding).

Nice looking boat, yours. I like monohulls, but then again you can probably set down your coffee mug without it getting launched galley west. There's something nice in the idea of a boat that sails on her bottom rather than her ear.

And to bring this back to something like on-topic: can anybody direct me to drawings of the tri-bladed autorotating vertical airfoil eggbeater "sails" on that crazy thing Jacques Cousteau built? I've always wondered about the details.

Even though I have a semi enclosed, my first machine, an open frame, was so much better for working stock, getting in and back from the refuelling truck and taking off from places people shouldnt !!
Trouble was I become a bit sick of being an iceberg in winter and cooking in summer !! Plus I now have room for more gauges

You guys are making me envious with all these photos of "green" grass !!! We havent seen green grass for 10 years now......actually, havent seen any rain either !!

Welp Chopper Reid .... You ought to go out with a pail of green paint and a paint brush and paint some of them there stones .... you know kind'a make each rock look like a clump of grass ! ... in about a year or so you might even get enough of them to look like a grassy feild ! ...but don't try landing on it ! <grin>

.... hay now.... wait just a minute ! them cattle don't eat rocks ! there has to be grass out there somewhere ... unless them chew-moos eat the trees ! ..... I think someone is haveing a go at us here ! ...
I tell ya them Aussies sure are an onery bunch ! hehehehehe

Bob......

What no place for tractors?

Tony