A nice visit from a good friend.

Vance

Gyroplane CFI
Staff member
Aircraft
Givens Predator
Total Flight Time
2600+ in rotorcraft
My good friend Terry Brandt, AKA The Beast, stopped by to visit , fly and do my flight review Wednesday.

We went flying and apparently I didn’t scare him too badly. He feels I am a little aggressive with turns, particularly on the ground.

The ground school helped with my flight planning and reading charts. There is so much information there and I still miss a great deal of it.

We talked about what is required to get my commercial ticket and I feel he agreed to do the two hours of night instruction.

I am grateful to have a friend like Terry. He is the best, most focused and most fearless instructor I have flown with. I am sure I am a training challenge.

I am not able to remember a flight where I didn’t think of something that he taught me.

Thank you, Vance

Attachments

• 003 [HDTV (720)].JPG
    003 [HDTV (720)].JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 004 [HDTV (720)].JPG
    004 [HDTV (720)].JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 005 [HDTV (720)].JPG
    005 [HDTV (720)].JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yep, Terry Brandt is the consummate professional.

However, I'm a little surprised that he's still instructing; I thought that after flying with me, he'd decided to pursue another career.

I really think Terry is one of the best. I believe he understands 95% of the FAR's and the other 5% even the FAA doesn't understand.

Yes, I know they are no longer called the FAR's they are Title 14 of the CFR's etc. It just looked better in the sentence.

Hi Vance,

Definitely go for your Commercial Rotorcraft Gyroplane rating. A goal easily obtained with your experience. Be fun to read your training experiences as you reach this new goal.

Wayne

I've never got to meet Terry!

I'd like to change that. Vance can you PM, email, or call me with his contact information?

I've never got to meet Terry!

I'd like to change that. Vance can you PM, email, or call me with his contact information?

Hello John,

Terry Brandt is listed in Michael Burton’s map and on the PRA website.

He recently updated it.

His is a Master CFI and is based at Buckeye, Az.

Thank you, Vance