Webber 750 engine

Tony it sure looks good!!!

Anyone have access to a PDF copy of a Weber Motor Assembly Guide?

I had a computer whiz look for PDF files on the Weber just yesterday. The only two he came up with were the ones on the Weber Company website for the marine engine. It does have some information. I think I will order a repair manuel for the Poloris Sled if it has the Weber information. But if you find one please post a link

i have the repair manual from the polaris sleds.... paid $5 for it from readmanual.com it covers the 2006-2008 models so it is slightly old....

I also have the parts manuals from Weber in pdf.... I am mainly after the Weber Manual or Redline Revolt manual to get the info on the Walbro ECU... the Polaris manual covers the Bosch which has tons of additional connections to vehicle lighting and control panels, etc.

I plan to use some Polaris parts, intercooler, radiators, etc but want to use the as much stock Weber parts as I can when when I put the engine on an airboat... I plan to get the Rotortec Planetary drive.... but waiting on some more emails from John @ Rotortec... I plan to purchase the geardrive and motor mounts from Rotortec and looking at sourcing a motor in the states... finally after searching I am finding a few OEMs that sell the motor in the US.

Last edited:
it helps.... wish i had the engine and ecu in my hands right now so I can trace the wiring out... just curious what all ties into the chassis connections....

Last edited:
Michael,
Can you scan , or copy, take a picture or something of the wiring harnees for the 2006 ECU and email them to me?

Hi Eric

Some inquires were made earlier this year to this company, can't remember who but it seems that the gear boxes were not yet finalized and "not quite available" at that time. Don't know what the story would be as of now. It's clear the model that has what appears to be a "Rotax" gear box uses a centrifugal clutch in the box. I also was able to hear some "light" torsional reasonance in one of the video's, not real pronounced but there. My interest is in the non-turbo version and am waiting on Neil at Autoflight to come out with his box for this engine.

Tony

They use a Simonini gear box. for a NA engine I would use a G40 hrith box. Did anyone see if the small gear from any of the AC drives like a rotax C box fit on the weber?

Hi Brent

Are you able to tell if they are using any type of flywheel with their gear boxes ??

Tony

They use a Simonini gear box. for a NA engine I would use a G40 hrith box. Did anyone see if the small gear from any of the AC drives like a rotax C box fit on the weber?

Brent ,
the weber has the 10:1 taper same as Rotax. I have an old A drive on a 532, I am tempted to try just for size before investing lots of money. Its funny when you first look, everything seems high price. The less you find that works, the smaller the price seems.

Brent, What is the difference in the G40 and this G50?

Attachments

• g-50%20clutch.jpg
    g-50%20clutch.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The G40 was made for the higher hp engine like the F30. and can have a clutch in it.

I wish you would try to mount the gear on the weber. If I find a deal on a gear box I would hate if it didn't fit.

It didn't look like they use a flywheeln the NA engine but I would put a rotax hydro dampener ring. I use one on the 670 and it helps alot with low rpm vibes.

Hey Brent

Have not heard of a Rotax hydro dampening ring, got a picture and how big around is it , does it go between the crankshaft and the gear box ?? Sound like a good idea, many think that because a low freq vibe disappears when the engine speeds up that it is no longer there, it just puts on a disguise and moves to another harmonic that is not felt as easy, but is still very much there. This is true whether we are talking engines or airframe.

Tony

I put a pic of it in the other thread on webers when we started this flywheel thing. in a rotax it is on the MAG side abot 5" OD and 3/4 thick about 4 to 5 pounds maybe.

Part #1 . the redline and rec. weber engines use a bolt on tapered PTO, you can fit this over it. Just need to drill some holes to match.

Attachments

• 582electricstarter.jpg
    582electricstarter.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1
Ok fellows, anybody know where there is another weber NA engine for sale, used , snowmobile. I have someone else looking for one. He is a very good builder. He is a Supervisor in a local Manufacturing Co. , so he has access to a full machining facility. It would be nice to get one in his hands.

The G40 was made for the higher hp engine like the F30. and can have a clutch in it.

I wish you would try to mount the gear on the weber. If I find a deal on a gear box I would hate if it didn't fit.

It didn't look like they use a flywheeln the NA engine but I would put a rotax hydro dampener ring. I use one on the 670 and it helps alot with low rpm vibes.

Brent , do you just want me to pull the pinion gear off of the 532 and put it on the Weber? that would not take long.

Hey Mark

Randy at Watcon told me he had about 4 more of the Redline NA models that he was going to rebuild this winter. Bad time now to try to buy a used snowmobile engine. Of course you could try "Emersons snowmobile parts" in Proctor, Mn. You might get lucky.

Tony

How is everyone? What's new? Any word from Neil at Autoflight? Mark did you need me to scan something for you? I don't like to give info I bought out freely I like to trade info. I have no info on the Walbro ECU except what I found on Walbro's website.

I emailed Lucio @ Aero not long ago and they were still working on things.... I am holding out for Rotortec or Neil to get there drives tested and on the market. Rotortec seems like they are just about ready if not already ready to market theirs world wide, that is why I am wondering where Neil is on his.