• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
I was told this Forum hurts PRA, as I do not think this is the case, here is a discussion and poll about the theme.
thanks
Heron

If it wern't for this forum i would not even know there was a PRA. There is no question that the forum is helping the PRA

I see it three ways:

It helps the PRA because it gives them exposure to people that aren't aware of them and lets people know there is another form of information besides just here.

It hurts the PRA because people that don't realize that the forum is not associated with PRA thinks that the posts represent the PRA.

It does nothing for the PRA because not all forum members are PRA members and most forum members don't even mention PRA in any of thier posts

Maybe some (not me) think that all the stability stuff on the forum has caused division among gyro pilots and caused the demise of the sport.

Maybe these folks long for the good old days when everybody got along and PIO and PPO were just part of flying a gyro.

Part of flying (important) is decision making.
If you can not read messages and make decisions I think you have some impairement.
Stability is not an opinion, so those who stayed away from flying will do so untill they reach an opinion and go fly stab or not.
Lets see the division, how many are in one side or another?
But it is only my opinion, I think the Forum helps the gyro stabilishment in general, I was driven to PRA by Norm´s Forum.
thanks
Heron

The Forum provides something livelier than a static Web site.

Gyro stability has been promoted more by the Forum than by any other medium. Saving lives is good for the PRA and for the activity it represents (sport rotorcraft).