Where did the thread go??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex~N~Oz

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
None at present
I was following and about to reply to a thread earlier and BANG it's gone....
It was started by Automan1223 and shed a bit of grief with GyroRon and then it ended up GONE.. So is that how this forum now works? You piss off Ron and he deletes your thread??

It was started by Automan1223 and shed a bit of grief with GyroRon and then it ended up GONE.. So is that how this forum now works? You piss off Ron and he deletes your thread??

Hmmmm.. lemesee, sniff sniff.. woof-woof… himmel, arsch und zwirn..! el jardinero dictador :hail:trabajando full time, le corto la cabeza a la culebra..! :lol:no le gusta que le pissing sus patas..:rolleyes:

raton

Hi Tex~N~Oz

I do not speak for GyroRon or anyone else on this forum. But if Ron deleted the one where the lake Mirage folks were disputing , I think he did the right thing. It is embarrasing to all concerned.

I do not like moderators who delete forums , especially here , but there is the rare occasion it should be done. If the Lake Mirage one I was thinking about was deleted , it was the right thing to do. That stuff does not belong here.

GyroRon is on the cusp of demonstrating the latest Yamaha powered Gyro. He has built it , with a kit from Racer , it has been running , it is on Youtube , we are all waiting for the next report on this project.

It troubles me deeply if he has to spend time moderating a Lake Mirage dispute. We should all thank Ron for his contributions and make his moderater job as easy as possible.

Tex~N~Oz , you are a gentleman and I appreciate every single one of your posts. My above message was not directed toward you. More toward Ron & the moderators. Maybe I am just trying to justify their actions. It is very rare we need moderators on this forum. That is the way it should be.

Bruce , I will repeat my thanks for all your posts. Maybe I am just trying to defend the moderators. I am sure glad I am not one of them. Not an easy job. Let us keep them busy building and flying. Not moderating .

Best wishes and many thanks.

Arnie
Bell 47

Self moderation

Self moderation

I am not sure which post has been deleted but if, as implied earlier that Ron was involved in that thread then I do not think it right to "self moderate".
(if indeed he did)

Once a moderator is involved in a thread it should be moderated by someone else who is not involved in the discussion.

Thanks for the kind words Arnie.
One thing you will never see me do is try and stir the Pot O' Trouble.. There are plenty who do just that, but this wasn't a thread based on Lake Mirage, this was a thread based on Automan1223 putting forth his concerns about safety issues.

The part that gets me is that I was onside with Ron all the way and was about to post to that extent but once it became a DELETED THREAD I now have a different opinion as there was nothing there that warranted the thread be deleted other than Ron not liking it's content on a personal level. Before I thought all the AntiRon gibberish was just hazing but now I think there might be some substance to their concerns..

For what it's worth Ron, I'd like to offer you a token of advice. In the position of power, the LAST THING you ever want to do is silence your opposition as this does indeed make you appear a dictator and you will find everyone offside. I personally had nothing at all against you, but now I think you are a dodgy character and I don't care if you are a moderator and/or can make a gyro fly with a toothpick and a rubberband it doesn't make you irreproachable.

Wot???
Ol Ronny is a moderater, and im still ere?
Cant be. ;)

Yep, one's gone and one's been moved. I don't think we lost any vital info. I wouldn't bet that Ron removed it. The thread was admittedly personal by the thread originator, so any moderator could have removed it to maintain the forums appearance to visitors.

Phil.(dysfunctional forum family member)

Geeze guys, please don't forget that I am not the only moderator here.....

You can look for the thread and when you see it was deleted, it should show you who deleted it, be it Mike or Todd or myself. I didn't delete either thread. I was planning on deleting the Tina/ Dave breakup El Mirage thread, but GyroMike beat me to it. And I did not ask GyroMike to delete the other thread, he did that all on his own.

If the participants that were out of line were warned then the only resource is the Scissor!
But leaving the thread there will show what we are made off and the work our moderators do. This way those willing to participate will have more confidence that a basic frame of debate is respected and monitored.
We are not perfect, but I think we are great at what we do.
thanks
Heron

This is the second time a thread has been deleated in its entirity that involved Tina.
Why is this so??
Kym.

I deleted both threads.
There were a few complaints, but not from the participants.

It was my call.

Status
Not open for further replies.