120,000 foot sky dive

They found his seat cushion, it was about a half mile from where he landed.
It had a hole in the middle of it about the size of a dime. They figured it flapped loose at about 50,00 ft.

Try and work this one out. When I jump from 14.000 ft, It takes roughly 15 seconds to reach terminal velocity. The air density will keep you at 200kmph. When you jump from an plane, the relative wind is already slowing you down, and with body movement, you can remain stable. Jumping from 39.000 meteres, his terminal velocity Is still determined by the air slowing him down. But the air is thinner, so he falls faster. But the wind against him, will still feel the same, as a jump from 14.000ft. But the sensation of freefall will last longer, and he didn't have any air pressure to start with to control his body position. So If the air is so thin, will he still break the sound barrier?
Question 2, what's the maximum height the balloon could go, especially after they released the load?
JD

I wondered about these things myself ????

Thank you for pointing out my typo.

I think Larry was making a funny, not pointing out your typo. Relax

THIS is a spelling mistake:

because I wanted to debunk the roomer that for every 1000 feet high, your seat gets 1 inch smaller,

Roomer is spelled rumor. No big deal, we know what you meant and that's all that matters. no need to be upset. We all make mistakes.

Thread related: What was the point of jumping from the edge of space? World record or something? Next time he needs to wear one of those batwing suits!

I think Larry was making a funny, not pointing out your typo. Relax

THIS is a spelling mistake:

Roomer is spelled rumor. No big deal, we know what you meant and that's all that matters. no need to be upset. We all make mistakes.

Thread related: What was the point of jumping from the edge of space? World record or something? Next time he needs to wear one of those batwing suits!

I thanked the man for pointing out my typo and I went back and corrected it. I was sincere.

You, on the other hand, have always been a big-mouth moron sticking your nose where it don't belong and trying to cause trouble, just like here.

I thanked the man for pointing out my typo and I went back and corrected it. I was sincere.

You, on the other hand, have always been a big-mouth moron sticking your nose where it don't belong and trying to cause trouble, just like here.

Jeez Dennis, I was trying to be nice. But since we're back to name calling, you're a crotchity old bastard that Cant Understand Normal Thinking. Your knee-jerk reactions are pathetic and you need to step back and smell the coffee.

Last edited:
Jeez Dennis, I was trying to be nice. But since we're back to name calling, you're a crotchity old bastard that Cant Understand Normal Thinking. Your knee-jerk reactions are pathetic and you need to step back and smell the coffee.

YOU are always the trouble starter, little man.

YOU have no idea what kind of a person I am.

The knee-jerk reaction was YOU trying to make something into something it was not for no more reason but to start more trouble, because YOU crave the attention.

Until YOU have done something "even close" to as worthy as the ones YOU desperately try to bring down closer to your level, don't presume yourself worthy enough as to be a judge of them, because YOU only and will always cast a small shadow at their feet.

Go play with someone else and suck them into your little world of toil and trouble, I'm busy, and I refuse to associate with your stupidity.

Come to think of it, I will have a cup of coffee.

To everyone reading this thread;

I'm very sorry that it was interrupter by the senseless trouble started again by one of the same trouble-makers of this forum. I said what I needed to say in my defense, and I will respond no more to his idiotic counter-responses.

Thank you for understanding that a person under attack must defend himself against these Internet assassins if no one else will.

I'm very sorry that it was interrupter by the senseless trouble started again by one of the same trouble-makers of this forum. I said what I needed to say in my defense, and I will respond no more to his idiotic counter-responses.

Thank you for understanding that a person under attack must defend himself against these Internet assassins if no one else will.

YOU are always the trouble starter, little man.

YOU have no idea what kind of a person I am.

The knee-jerk reaction was YOU trying to make something into something it was not for no more reason but to start more trouble, because YOU crave the attention.

Until YOU have done something "even close" to as worthy as the ones YOU desperately try to bring down closer to your level, don't presume yourself worthy enough as to be a judge of them, because YOU only and will always cast a small shadow at their feet.

Go play with someone else and suck them into your little world of toil and trouble, I'm busy, and I refuse to associate with your stupidity.

Come to think of it, I will have a cup of coffee.

Knee-jerk...with the usual responses...grow up
Im flattered that you are jealous of me but this has to stop.

Remember how you said you would'nt argue with stupidity, remember how you said you didnt call people names? Remember? You are a hypocrit.

And we are both guilty of turning this thread into crap, I'm done. You?

Last edited:
I would venture that Dennis is correct, unfortunately he seems to create an unhealthy obsessive quality in you and you seem to wish to attack him all the time.

A pity as most of your other posts seem quite reasonable.

One of the main reasons for the jump was to try and pass Mach 1. The research will aid astronauts in high altitude escapes.

With todays technology, breaking the maned balloon altitude record was easy.

If you had enough money, I'm sure someone could put your butt on the moon with a slingshot.

Just one more achievement that will lead to other achievements.

~~JAKE~~

One of the main reasons for the jump was to try and pass Mach 1. The research will aid astronauts in high altitude escapes.

With todays technology, breaking the maned balloon altitude record was easy.

If you had enough money, I'm sure someone could put your butt on the moon with a slingshot.

Just one more achievement that will lead to other achievements.

~~JAKE~~

AHH Thanks Jake. The high altitude escape thing would make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
He's still only going at the same relative speed to air pressure slowing him down. An astronaut escaping the spaceshuttle, breaking through the atmosphere at several mach, would burn up pretty quick.
JD

Bloodyell, Dennise makes one little boo boo n its on agin.
I know i cant type for sh1t, but i dont get much hackn for it.

I think the word you were looking for here Dennis was interrupted not interrupter .
But what do I know ?
I never have been able to spell .