25 ft sport copter rotor blades

LARRYEBOYER

Gold Member
I have new 25 ft Sport Copter rotor blades in box never used.(overall length with hub) 8 Inch chord.
Gold rotor bar hub. $2500 plus shipping. 610-370-2178

For those of you who are looking. I switched from Dragon Wings to 25' Sport Copter Blades and will never look back. Utterly amazing performance. Totally incredible. You won't be sorry with the Sport Copter Choice. Gaurenteed or your money back.....well...maybe not....

For those of you who are looking. I switched from Dragon Wings to 25' Sport Copter Blades and will never look back. ....

Just curious, Verroi,
As far as I know, there are hundreds, if not thousands gyro pilots flying Dragon Wings and all are more than happy.
I should like to hear at least from one ( maybe from you) why you are not satisfied.
I shouldn't react if I didn't know the DW blades and I should be quiet, but if somebody opens his mouth and makes such statements, I just get angry and feel sorry...
I fully understand that you are happy with your Copter blades.

Some people drive chevys, some fords ect. It is a personal preference. Preferences can be enhanced by quality, performance, appearance and durability just to name a few. The sport copter blades are heavy and would store a lot of energy. Also it is not hard felling a little more safe flying such sturdy rotors and hub bar.This is not meant to downplay dragon wings in any way. The Air Command I just sold had DW on it and it flew excellent and the rotors (because of weight) spun up very fast.Just an observation but these Sport Copters are prettier, 8 inch chord,and a much sturdier appearance. I can not attest for the performance as I have never flown under SC blades. I have friends with an RAF machine that changed from RAF blades to sport copter and liked the difference.

This is not meant to downplay dragon wings in any way.

Sorry but what do you mean then...
(I switched from Dragon Wings to 25' Sport Copter Blades and will never look back.
Its not a way of accusing DW? Maybe I understand it wrongly.
Once more, and I agree with you, that Sport Copter blades are excellent blades
( would like to have a set myself too,) but this doesn't mean that i have to accuse DW, except if there's something else behind it.
I hope Larry Boyer will sell his blades to a gyro that really needs them.

Last edited:
Giorgos, you quoted Larry, then asked him to explain something Tim said!

Dragon Wings are lighter for any given size, less expensive, and may be a bit better in lift/drag ratio; Sport Rotors are available in larger sizes, can be hand-started and are easier to clean.

So, it's not exactly Chevy/Ford. Besides...neither is 66% owned by the US federal government.

Jon, sorry I did not respond back. I have not been down to my hanger in 3 weeks. I will go this week and take pics. Then please respond back to me your opinion. Thanks

Larry ! ............I got the pics ! Here they are with serial #. Jon what can you tell us about them ?

Sorry no pics of the blades......they are nestled snug in their original crate.

Attachments

• IM000390.jpg
    IM000390.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000391.jpg
    IM000391.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IM000392.jpg
    IM000392.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 0
Those are "pre" Master Roda. I took over sometime after these were built.

They were built the same way I would build them today. I checked the process records to confirm.

If the blades are painted, then they are worth every penny a new set would be.

Jon, is there a date in that serial number ?

Is there a way to decifer it ?

BTW..... the blades are painted & If I had 2500 those blades would be going NOWHERE !

Chris,

Yes, but I've been told before not to tell. Sorry. Maybe if someone called and asked Jim he would be willing to say. I don't want to get into trouble.

Jon