not "Earthbound" anymore

Mike, I dont believe he was referring to peer pressure, the gang at Wauchula watch every move a grasshopper in training takes. Sometimes we all have to be reassured of our abilitys, even though we cant see them ourselvs. Mike was ready before mike knew he was ready. Thats all.

Way to go, man !!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................................................!
It was great to hear the excitement in your voice this morning Mike. And it sounds like you have a great bunch around you there. Congrats, and all the best as you strengthen those wings. Call me again tomorrow after your second round.

Mike,
Man, am I proud of you!
It'll continue to be a source of satisfaction and accomplishment for years to come.
You 'da MAN!
Trez

Scott, Mark, JR, Chris, Rick, and Trez, thanks so much! I climbed into the cool morning air at 6:45 this morning, leveled off at 800ft. and just cruised around over some vacant land south of Valkaria airport. I practiced sharp turns, and felt very comfortable today. I stayed within sight of the field, while I build my trust in the Rotax. Just to the East is the Indian river, then a narrow strip of land, and then the Atlantic ocean. My next goal is to fly the beach in the early morning. For now, I plan to stay in the 'practice' area. I flew about 2 hours today, then reluctantly went home to do chores. So far, absolutley no problems with the machine. I think I may be a little late for work tomorrow...

Yo, Mikey! Congrats, lil bro!!
I think my post got lost.
I'm as proud of your restraint as I am of your building skills.
Shows maturity.
BTW, please leave the keys for my next passing through trip ...

That is the best news ever! Congratulations Mike you are now as free as a bird!!!

Today I broke ground at 6:35 and flew south about 3 miles and watched the sunrise above a cloud bank far out at sea. I was surprised to find it was warmer at altitude than on the ground today. I flew for 40 minutes exactly, on full tanks. Tonight I plan to measure the fuel required to refill my tanks, so I can figure my burn rate. I still made it to work 20 minutes early! Life is good.:whoo:

Today I broke ground at 6:35 and flew south about 3 miles and watched the sunrise above a cloud bank far out at sea. I was surprised to find it was warmer at altitude than on the ground today. I flew for 40 minutes exactly, on full tanks. Tonight I plan to measure the fuel required to refill my tanks, so I can figure my burn rate. I still made it to work 20 minutes early! Life is good.:whoo:

Mike,
It's pretty obvious why you moved your base of operations closer to home.
The convenience must be awesome! At this rate you may need to start on another machine so you'll have something to fly when wear this one out.......:lol:
Happy trails..........contrails, that is.........:boink:
Trez

Congratulations Mike! You have a great machine! Enjoy your new freedom!

Way to go Mike!
What awesome clear skies this weekend. I put nearly 8 hours on my bird sightseeing.

Glad the hangar queen is finally getting ridden hard! Enjoy and stay safe!

UFO spotted over Florida,highly polished object in the florida skys.

UFO spotted over Florida,highly polished object in the florida skys.

Witnesses reported a strange object in the skys over Florida early in the morning. they reported it did not sound like an airplane and was very brite and shiny to the point they could not make out the shape of the object, it looked to be round and spinning but was really to brilliant to make out, but looked like some type of highly polished metallic material.
witnesses tried to follow it but due to the low altitude of the object it disappeared in the morning sun.
at one point a pilot could be seen with an abnormally large smile on his face.

witnesses say they will keep a look out for this brite object in the skys again. but only can view it briefly due to the highly polished surfaces of the object reflecting the morning sun.

Hey Tim, thats pretty good man! I appreciate it dude! I think the old dudes at my field have started to look at gyros a little differently after this past Saturdays first flight. Several guys came over to chat after I landed, both days. Im watching the clock here at work constantly, and watching the wind...

what can I say, thats the most polished thing in the Florida skys.

so glad to see you are now flying it and enjoying all that hard work you put into it.

that is one sweet machine for sure. can't wait to see a video of you flying sometime soon.

keep up the good work.