BD Attendees! Fantasy of Flight Closing!

Paul, I had just got off the phone with a friend of mine in St Augustine and planning to make one last visit.

I often wondered how long Kermit could keep that place going for the numbers of visitors that it gets.

My friend is a volunteer at Reno and sees Kermit up there, I have spoken to him twice while visiting. Just a really nice guy.

Sad to hear it...I've been several times.

While there I'd stop by Whallaby Ranch nearby and get a tandem hang glider tow flight...It's a cool place to hang out.

For those going to Bensen Days this month, try to take a side trip and visit Fantasy of Flight. This amazing attraction has announced it will be closing as a public attraction effective April 6.

Here's the press release with explanation.

Time well spent!

Time well spent!

I spend at least a day at Fantasy of Flight as part of my Bensen Days/ Sun n Fun adventure every year.

I have two hours in different Stearmans with two different instructors at Fantasy of Flight.

It is fun to see and hear the old planes on their daily flight. You never know what you will see.

They have a sea plane base at Fantasy of Flight during Sun n Fun that is always fun to watch.

They even have a 1934 Cierva C.30-A Autogiro hanging from the roof.

Thank you, Vance

Attachments

• ag98.jpg
    ag98.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
great place

great place

so much of interest in those hangers
wonder what will happen with the exhibits, eg the B17 ball turret and will the Sunderland ever fly again?.

any thoughts on the C.30 ?
seems a shame to leave it hanging with no one even looking at it.
wonder if Kermit would consider loaning it to the PRA museum ?

what would it take to get it in the air ? can anyone pass opinion.

are there any genuine old tractors still flying anywhere in the world ?
has anyone reassured what happened to each one them

They are only closing as an attraction, they plan to continue to rent out for groups, weddings, business meetings etc so the collection seems to be safe.

I visited FOF one year the weekend before Sun n Fun. They had a Mustang car show with quite a few cars attending and 4 or 5 P51 Mustangs landed while I was there as part of the Mustang weekend event. Very cool.

I was there one year with a huge PPG fly-in. Don't know if they ever had another.

I visited FOF one year the weekend before Sun n Fun. They had a Mustang car show with quite a few cars attending and 4 or 5 P51 Mustangs landed while I was there as part of the Mustang weekend event. Very cool.