wanted rotax for gyro

jany77

Aircraft
cessna 150,172,182,trikes,ul
Total Flight Time
over 2000
im wanted rotax engine either 377 or 447 with A or B gear bo 2.58:1 im disabled on social security so im on budged any lead to find either one will be appreciate ,its for ul gyro thank you

You'll want a 477 or 503 depending on your weight. If you weigh more than 180 or so, chances are you'll eventually want the 503, If you weigh less, the 447 may be fine.

i talked to martin hollmann, hes designer of bumble bee and he sad that 377 will have enough power for bumble bee ,the empty weight of gyro is 210 lbs i weight 170

Go with a 503 it's better to have more power than not enough.

i talked to martin hollmann, hes designer of bumble bee and he sad that 377 will have enough power for bumble bee ,the empty weight of gyro is 210 lbs i weight 170

Then go with a 447, they are more plentyful and cheaper than 503's. Don't go with a 377.
You'll have some difficulty making a gyro that weighs 210 lbs all up. The Rotax weighs about 90 by itself and the blades are at least 40 up to 75 lbs. That doesn't leave much room for everything else. I'm not disagreeing with Martin Hollmann, an experienced aircraft designer, I'm just saying it won't be easy.

503 would be better. The 447 will be at it's max HP for flight. 503 would have enough reserve power.

I hate to be the crasher of this party but I think it would be in your best interest to get some training. I know it is legal to fly a UL gyro without a licence but I still think you should have some training because gravity has no exceptions and can disable you more, a lot more.

the weight of complete gyro ready to fly no gas is 210 lbs ,im planing get some flying gyro lessons im not just that far to do that ,i have frame almost complete with 35 lbs rotor which is about 23' ,i appreictae your input guys